From: Rene Veerman on
and if threading and shared memory aren't implemented, then hey, the
php dev team can build something else in that these naysayers DO need
eh...

lol...

From: Peter Lind on
On 24 March 2010 10:38, Rene Veerman <rene7705(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> and if threading and shared memory aren't implemented, then hey, the
> php dev team can build something else in that these naysayers DO need
> eh...
>
> lol...

Do you have any idea how sad and pathetic you come across? I'm very
sorry to say this, but really, now's the time to stop posting and step
back, take a deep breath, then focus on something else.

<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/plind
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fake51
BeWelcome: Fake51
Couchsurfing: Fake51
</hype>
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 11:36 +0200, Rene Veerman wrote:

> these nay-sayers usually also lobby the dev-team to such extent that
> these features would actually not make it into php

I assume you have some proof for that accusation?

This thread has almost now turned into a platform for insulting each
other. Why do those few feel it necessary to do this on what could
otherwise be an intelligent discussion?

There are clearly two sides for this, although it does seem that the
majority of this list (or at least those that have participated in the
thread) are in favour of not including threading support in PHP.

Rene, clearly you feel strongly about this. Why don't you ask on the
internals list, as that is where you'll get the best response about
whether or not it is something that is feasible (although feasibility is
no indicator of whether it will be included or not)

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: jose javier parra sanchez on