From: Mario on
Hi Derek,

I am having some problems in setting up the system to debug from VS2005
as well. I am using i.MX21 ADS. The following are the steps that I
followed, please let me know if I missed something that you did to make
your setup successful:

1. Loaded image to board.
2. Copied files (Clientshutdown.exe, commanclient2.exe, CMaccept.ese,
eDbgTL.dll, and TcpConnectionA.dll) to the Windows folder in the device
using remote file viewer.
3.Ran commanclient2.exe from device command prompt.
4.Ran cMaccpet.exe from device command prompt (IP address setup in VS
2005 was set already).
5. VS2005 Debug/Start Debugging

After a little while, I get a message saying that it had problems
connecting. Did you do anything different that what I did? Thanks.

Regards,

Mario

From: Mario on
Hi Derek,

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on
Hi, Mario,

Do you have problem just connecting VS2005 to Win CE 5.0? Or you have
problem deploying your project after connection is set up? I assume that
you are using the Remote File Viewer from Platform Builder, right? Have you
been able to use the remote tools for VS2005?

Derek

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on
Hi, Mario,

From: Mario on
Hi Derek,

I am trying to deployed my application to the WinCE device. I tried to
connect the device by going to VS2005/Tools/Coonect to Device... I get
an error that ActiveSync is not installed. I guess the answer to your
last question is that I have not been able to talk to my device from
VS2005. I have not problems talking to the device from Platform
builder. Any pointers is appreciated it. Thanks.

Cheers,

mario