From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on
Dear all,

I build a Win CE 5.0 image with .Net CF 2.0. Now, I would like to write
application in VS2005 and debug at the Win CE 5.0 system. But I couldn't
connect to the board through ethernet.

Using Win CE 5.0 remote tools, I can connect to the board using cemgrc.exe
/s /t ... Also, I generated an SDK from platform builder and build a C#
applicaiton to download to the board. Now, I follow the instructions on the
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228708.aspx. The 5 files are
copied from the host PC \program files\...\Target\armv4i folder to device
\Windows\ folder through ftp server on board. But I just couldn't connect
to the board through VS2005 or VS2005 remote tools. In remote tools, it
will give me a message "The device is not ready". I verified the process
Conmanclient2.exe and cMaccept.exe running through Win CE 5.0 Remote Process
Viewer. So I don't know what else I can try. The debug serial port gave me
this message "Checking if extended
keep alive timeouts feature is set...No". I think it's the message when
cMaccept timeout.

I searched the newsgroup and found that people got problems as well. I
tried to remove the (user)\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\CoreCon\1.0. And it didn't help me. So any body has any
suggestion?

Thanks,
Derek

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on
I found the problem now. When I delete the
(user)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CoreCon\1.0
folder, the VS2005 lost the connection configurations like TCPIP target
address. My problem is that I ran Remote Registry Editor before I ran
VS2005. As a result, VS2005 and remote tools both not working. After I
remofied the connection setting at VS2005, VS2005 connects. But it doesn't
seem to update the settings for remote tools.

So it's important to run VS 2005 and connect to the device right after
removing the CoreCon\1.0folder. Then everything connects.

Derek

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on
Now, I am running into a problem with the VS2005 debug. The connection is
fine. But when I deploy, VS2005 wants to download NETCFV2.wce5.armv4i.cab
to device \Windows. And it failed because I don't have enough spcae to
store this 5MB cab file.

But the why do I need this cab file? Is it for installing the .NET CF 2.0?
I aleady have .NET CF 2.0 included in the Win CE 5.0 image. If I build the
VS2005 C# project and copy this tst.exe to the device, it will run fine. I
think this mean that the .NET CF 2.0 is running fine on the device. Am I
right? If so, why do I need to download the cab file? Is the cab file for
debugging at VS2005?

Many thanks,

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on
Found the answer from a previous post:
"If you go to the properties of your project in VS.NET 2005 and
click the 'Devices' tab you'll see 'Deploy the latest version
of the .NET Compact Framework (including Service packs)'. Uncheck
that and it shouldn't download any more."