From: Mario on
Hi Derek,

I am trying to deployed my application to the WinCE device. I tried to
connect the device by going to VS2005/Tools/Coonect to Device... I get
an error that ActiveSync is not installed. I guess the answer to your
last question is that I have not been able to talk to my device from
VS2005. I have not problems talking to the device from Platform
builder. Any pointers is appreciated it. Thanks.

Cheers,

mario

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on
So did you set up the VS2005 device connection? It's from the menu,
tools->options and check devices. Which method are you going to connect
VS2005 to Win CE device? ActiveSync? Ethernet? USB?

From: "Derek Ou" derek at siconix @ on

From: " ctacke/>" on
PB and Studio use totally different connection mechanisms. Installing
ActiveSync is a good start - though not required. Google for connecting to
a CE 5.0 device without ActiveSync for the manual method.

-Chris

From: " ctacke/>" on