First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Local spooling for remote printer
Is there a way to use local spooling when printing to a remote printer (\\server\printer). Currently the job goes over the network and spools on the \\server. Note that the application does not use printer driver, but uses OpenPrinter/WritePrinter directly. The objective is to release the application faster... 15 Feb 2010 20:03
Why doesn't view\choose details\keywords work?
1. Store a keyword in a Word.doc Document Properties area. 2. Put the word.doc in a folder. 3. Open the folder. 4. Choose View\Choose Details. 5. Scroll to bottom and check the 'Keywords' box. 6. a new Keywords column appears in the folder. 7. But it is still empty. So, just what keywords are supposed to displ... 15 Feb 2010 22:15
Restore Point
i WAS TRING TO INSTALL AN ANTIVURUS on my dads computer and when it started it said makeing a restore point. Somehow it restore back to 2003, and no restore points before the 13th not even the one that it made when i was instaaling program, HELP, dads nnot to pleased with me and i am 1.5 hrs away TIA Jack ... 16 Feb 2010 22:55
Can you have multiple, independent clipboard entries simultaneousl
Very often I want to copy and paste several different, widely separated things from a web page and it would be great if after Control C you could do a Control Something Else and then a Control Something Elser and have them all in your clipboard when you're ready to paste. (Of course you'd also have to have a C... 16 Feb 2010 00:27
PC that erases freshly installed program, prepared docs everytime it shuts down
On Feb 16, 2:20 am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...(a)gmail.com> wrote: Al Thanks for all the comments... I have asked him (by email) recently where did he buy it and indeed it was from the lot of computers in the internet cafe that closed down as the owner relocated and changed business and it was bought at... 17 Feb 2010 02:19
Display Settings Don't Remain
Everytime I restart my computer, my visual setting default to the lowest version. It's strange because the computer opens windows, shows the background in the highest form, then the screen turns black for a second or two, returns with the lower setting. I have tried resetting numerous times in the Display Pro... 15 Feb 2010 15:30
Does upgrading to a HyperThreaded CPU require a reinstall of W
Thanks Guys, that answers my question. Cheers, CH "John John - MVP" wrote: cement_head wrote: Hello, I have a P4 2.4 GHz non-HyperThreaded CPU on a machine running WindowsXP (SP3; all updates). I am planning on putting in a 3.06 GHz HyperThreaded CPU into the machine (all othe... 17 Feb 2010 21:22
False Alert Trojan & Windows Security Center
My son had False Alert Trojan on his computer which was detected and removed by Spybot. The Trojan also changed the Lan settings under IE which I had to go in and change. Everything is showing up clean now and working fine....except for Windows Security Center. It keeps showing an alert saying that his Virus P... 21 Feb 2010 08:11
What are files with names like this - shell32(2).dll
I've about 8 - 10 files that have a (2) in the name, and same again with a (3). Is this a vestige of some operation, maybe repair, or system restore and these files are left over and essentially dead? Or could they still be live files ? I looked at a few at random for a reference in the registry but came up e... 15 Feb 2010 07:37
requested files to be deleted do so without asking "are you sure..
When I request to delete a file in windows explorer or IE or Word or anywhere it deletes it without asking "are you sure". It has asked if I am sure for years until I reinstalling operating system. Now this function does not work. How do I activate this function? Using Windows XP. As always thank YOU. ... 14 Feb 2010 19:40