First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168
Can't create custom power scheme
For some reason, I cannot create a new Power Scheme. Can someone tell me if this is possible and what I am doing wrong? Here's what I do: 1. Open the Power Option applet from Control Panel. If I click on the Power schemes pulldown, I see 2 schemes: "Home/Office Desk" and "Portable/Laptop". Home/Office Desk is ... 21 Feb 2010 23:50
no program link working
Hi, I recently had a virus/malware problem (av.exe) that I managed to cure reasonably easily with CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now hardly any of my program shortcut links work and neither do any of the control panel links. (c:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Application not found) The programs work w... 23 Feb 2010 00:17
Defrag
I recently had my pc in for repair and now I cannot defrag. When I select that option a screen appears saying MMC CANNOT OPEN THE FILE C\/WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dfrg.msc Then it says this may because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version . This may also be because you do... 21 Feb 2010 07:05
Reboot loop
I have an older Systemax here with XP Home Edition (SP3) that keeps rebooting itself whether or not in Normal or Safe Mode. I have the restore CD and can get in to the Recovery Console OK. I ran chkdsk, fixboot, and fixmbr. Those didn't fix it. So I cloned the drive just for good luck and then tried to do a rep... 23 Feb 2010 10:11
The Registry Cannot load the hive (file)
I have a friend and apparently the Lord doesn't like him very much. He gets a blue screen of death with the following message. The Registry Cannot load the hive (file) \systemroot\system32\config\software or its lot or alternate. it is corrupt, absent ot not verifiable. I googled this message and the only way I... 21 Feb 2010 18:18
DIRECTDBNOTIFYWNDPROC
I am running XP. Frequently, my outlet express fails to work. The only way I can get it started is to reboot my computer. When I reboot, I get the message "DIRECTDBNOTIFYWNDPROC is not responding" (or something to that effect). After I click on "Shut Down Now", the computer reboots and Outlook Express works... 20 Feb 2010 23:32
Temporary Keyboard lockup
Hello, As I'm typing I notice notice my keyboard will lock up. For example I may type the word "computer" & look at the screen & only see the little "c". The cursor will be locked up. After about 10 seconds the rest of the letters appear. I cleaned my keyboard but the problem still occurs. However, as I ... 22 Feb 2010 08:32
Window control elements (minimize, maximize, close, scroll bars, etc) are screwed up
"XP Guy" <XP(a)Guy.com> wrote in message news:4B8006B4.2AC4A13B(a)Guy.com... The issue I'm seeing is actually on an NT4 server with IE6-sp1, but I'm asking here because there aren't enough people following NT4 newsgroups any more, and I figure that NT is similar enough to XP in this situation. The problem... 20 Feb 2010 12:26
Window control elements (minimize, maximize, close, scroll bars, etc) are screwed up
The issue I'm seeing is actually on an NT4 server with IE6-sp1, but I'm asking here because there aren't enough people following NT4 newsgroups any more, and I figure that NT is similar enough to XP in this situation. The problem is that these graphic symbols or control elements are screwed up: - window minim... 20 Feb 2010 11:20
IE and Maxthon not working, but Firefox is?
FIREFOX work - I can surf etc, BUT I cannot load IE or Maxthon at all. It brings up a page that says : Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes: You are not connected to the Internet. The website is encountering problems. There might be a typing error in the address. What you ... 20 Feb 2010 16:54