First  |  Prev |
Pages: 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216
Generic Host Process error svchost
Malke - are you still here? Well, I tried someting I saw in another forum to no avail - that is, disabling DEP for svchost. Didn't fix it. Here are some of the errors from the event viewer that occur durig the Windows boot - about the same time this error comes up - I've been getting two errors - one is a s... 16 Feb 2005 12:23
Sudden Shutdown of XP Home
Laptop computer with XP Home Edition when turned on gives company logo then Windows XP Home screen shows up but then screen goes black-no error messages. Therefore I cannot get to the start button and run, or any applications. I can however get into Safe Mode. I have checked the Startup programs but I did not se... 15 Feb 2005 19:38
SP2 Installation Problem
I just installed SP2 and have a problem. When I try to start Security Center, I get the following error message: An exception occurred while trying to run "Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL wscui.cpl" I've tried Start | Run | wscui.cpl, and that does not work, either. The Security Center icon shows up in Control P... 15 Feb 2005 08:34
notepad xp printing problem
when trying to print in Notepad (XP) I get the following message: "Page too small to print one line. Try printing using smaller font." I have tried using smaller font and have tested typing one word on the page, and even leaving it blank. I still get the same message. Can't find anything on the net about this ... 15 Feb 2005 14:42
Finding deleted history/temporary internet files
When I first got my computer I could check the internet history, even if it had been deleted in internet explorer. I did this by searching for history and a folder would come up that showed ALL internet history, even deleted. I could also view temporary internet files from internet sites that had been deleted ... 14 Feb 2005 18:12
Shell Icon Hidden Window Solution Problem Solved
There's been many reports recently of users being stuck with an error closing 'shelliconhiddenwindow' when trying to shutdown / restart their computer. Through trial and error some have correctly identified an update to MusicMatch Jukebox as the culprit. MusicMatch have released a further update that successfully r... 14 Feb 2005 00:00
INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768
When attempting to install XP Home on a fdisked hard drive getting the following message "INF file txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 32768" Any help please? Chris ... 14 Feb 2005 00:00
Event 4691 Help
Which group would one use to discuss events such as the following: 2/12/2005 1:23:56 PM COM+ Error (98) 4691 N/A ACCES The run-time environment was unable to initialize for transactions required to support transactional components. Make sure that MS-DTC is running. (DtcGetTransactionManagerEx(): hr = 0x8004d01... 14 Feb 2005 00:01
Using Outlook Express Backup
I have an Outlook Express account that has 87 new messages since my having installed a new operating system and logging into Outlook Express. I have a backup of the mailbox prior to all the work on the operating system. The OS is now XP Pro. Is there a way to import the old messages and append them to the ... 13 Feb 2005 23:59
Detail view in Explorer (Sub-Folders)
When I click on Windows Explorer I get a detailed view on left (Under Folders) and a similar detailed view when clicking on a folder that has sub-folders on the right. Which is what I want. Problem is that when clicking on one of the sub-fodlers on the right it opens a blue screen on left with a list of options a... 14 Feb 2005 01:40