First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
Windows XP Pro error message on completion of boot into GUI
This is what I found in Event Viewer after running Chkdsk and booting into GUI with same error message about registry. Event Source: Winlogon; Event ID: 1001 Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. Cleaning up minor inconsistencies on the drive. CHKDSK is recovering lost files. Clea... 2 Apr 2010 22:36
Startup problem repost
WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8 Posted earlier but did not show as sent. How do I bypass user name and password at startup? -- Ray _________________________________________________ ... 2 Apr 2010 19:19
Will not boot up.
I have a laptop with XP Pro. When I turn it on it starts to boot up, but just after the Windows XP screen appears it stops, then a blue screen flashes up (too fast to read what it says) then it restarts the boot up. In safe mode it show a screenful of loaded files then hangs forever. Any ideas please? Thanks ... 2 Apr 2010 20:25
battery on the motherboard
When does the little battery on the motherboard need to be replaced? Jack ... 8 Apr 2010 20:51
IE 8
I cannot get Internet Explorer 8 even after the updates several times..someone please help. I am using XP SP 3 ... 3 Apr 2010 08:14
rundll32 turned off in MSCONFIG
To whom it may concern: I accidentally turned off rundll32 in MSCONFIG for the initial applications running during the initial startup of my computer. Clearly this has made my computer difficult to use. Anyway, I have the original XP install disc, can I use that to turn rudll32 back on? Please let me know ... 6 Apr 2010 03:11
How do I eliminate password at startup?
WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8 How do I pypass the user name and password at startup? -- Ray _________________________________________________ ... 2 Apr 2010 20:25
Explorer Icon question
I am looking for an explanation regarding a change to the icons I see when I use Windows Explorer in thumbnail view mode. All of my icons just recently changed to have a small box in the bottom left, sort of like the shortcut indication, but this is 2 blue arrows in a circular pattern. It is definitely not a sh... 2 Apr 2010 13:45
Upgrading Win2000 to XP
I have been running Win2000Pro for years. I really dont want to upgrade, but I am seeing more and more things that do not run on 2K anymore. I do not have the hardware to run Win7, and wont go near Vista for any reason. I guess XP is my only choice. I have no intention to buy another computer. The problem I... 5 Apr 2010 13:53
Local printer not ready after Windows restart
Hi, On a HP desktop comptuer (running WinXP PRO) we have Epson-LQ printer connected via LPT port. When user restarts or shut-down computer the printer is displayed as not-connected and the only thing to get it working is to delete it and re-scan HW so that Windows installs it again. Have checked all settings... 12 Apr 2010 09:13