First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
ICH10R patch?
Hi All, I have two of the same motherboards (Supermicro X8SAX). Both have their BIOS set up for AHCI. One the one I have CentOS 5.4 (Linux) and the other I have XP-Pro-SP3. I have identical removable SATA hard drive. Both BIOS's are the same revision. On the Linux machine I can unmount, swap, remount all d... 16 Apr 2010 22:54
can't add windows component
OS windows XP SP3 When trying to add windows components through the control panel or with the windows CD, I receive the following message... "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO OPEN INFORMATION FILE MSNMSN.INF"..... error code is 0x2 at line 0 ...contact administrator ... 14 Apr 2010 14:28
How to correctly change security?
There are some computers in domain on which the user permissions are set as Power User, but I want to remove them and let computer to bring permissions and policies from domain controller server. I removed Power User from computer in Control Panel, but are there places where I must make changes? Is this enough?... 12 May 2010 09:09
The "undo" function occurs randomly on various MS products
I am having the same problem. Dell laptop using docking station and have replaced the keyboard (not wireless) Any help would be appreciated because it is so random it is hard to find. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/The-undo-function-occurs-randomly-on-various-MS-products ... 22 Apr 2010 08:16
shut down after restart
Computer shuts down after seconds of start. Sometimes it goes to windows and sometime even before it. Power button or reset wont work until i have to unplug the power cord for a while and than it starts normally and works fine. No message or signal. What could be the cause and cure? Farhan ... 22 Apr 2010 10:21
Dual Boot Linux and XP
I have a desk top computer that uses SATA hard drives. It currently has XP Pro installed on one drive. I want to add another SATA drive so I can dual boot with Ubuntu. What I don 't want is Grub putting its stuff on the XP drive. Can I merely disconnect the XP drive and connect the drive I am going to put Ubunt... 14 Apr 2010 15:35
gpedit policy missing: Turn off tabbed browsing
Where I work we just installed a very large client-server package--a RIS, which will mean something to you if you happen to work in a hospital's radiology department but probably not otherwise. The RIS client-end software runs as an IE plugin. The package vendor has some special requirements for configuring IE,... 15 Apr 2010 10:18
Changing external drive letter assignments
My backup USB drive had always be assigned to the E:. Yesterday I had it shut off when I put another USB drive in. Windows assigned E: the new drive. Then I put in the backup drive and it appeared as F:. How every time I connect my back up drive it is showing up as F: and not E: even tho the drive that was E... 17 Apr 2010 16:20
No Ping on some workstations
What would cause (or what configuration) on a workstation (windows XP Pro) on a Domain, to not allow ping? I have two workstations both XP Pro SP 3 that I cannot ping from the server. The server is new and I know there is no controls or policies set there. The firewall is turned off and the antivirus is MS Ess... 14 Apr 2010 08:47
TweakUI Changes Not Applying?
I used to use TweakUI to hide a drive containing some personal information. All of a sudden the drive is now showing in Windows Explorer. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that didn't help. I also tried to hide it using the Registry Editor and adding a new DWORD "NoDrives" but that didn't wo... 13 Apr 2010 17:22