First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Second hard drive question
I have a Pentium 4 2.26 GHZ with one gig ram with a WD Caviar 80 gig 800 JB. Hard drive is 2006, computer is 2002. I ordered a similar hard drive and wish to add it. How hard will it be? Is it just a matter of connecting it? Thanks Safety123(a)aol.com ... 19 Apr 2010 18:50
wake up from Standby doesn't work
I installed Service Pack 3 in Windows XP but now if I suspend my system by STANB-BY function I'm not able to wakeup by mouse movement but only if I press power button. Can you help me ? ... 19 Apr 2010 17:48
"Registered File Types" "Opens with" What if a common type is not "registered?" Advanced?
I sent a family member as short MPG file (<1MB) as an attachment to an e-mail. He could not open it. I told him to search for some other MPG file that might be on his HD, and see if it opened. He said the found file opened with Real Player. But it seems that there is no obvious way to choose which app opens a... 20 Apr 2010 01:03
add password protection to windows xp
"Mich" wrote: When I first set up my computer I made it so I don't need a password to login. however, I need to change this now so i can add the screensaver password protection that is required elsewhere. How do I add the login password protection for a user of my PC? Once I do this, the screens... 18 Apr 2010 18:39
DEFAULT FILE TYPES
"Kathy" wrote: WinXP SP3 A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a photo editor, Serif PhotoEditor SE, and not so cleverly made it the default program for JPG files. Now I can't figure out how to change JPG back to Paint. Here's what I've done so far to try to fix it. In Windows Explor... 18 Apr 2010 18:39
windows search indexer
"BK" wrote: Using Windows XP and Office 2007 Have been using Windows Search Indexer successfully and love it. Now it seems to be in disrepair. It is continually "waiting to receive indexing status" and then I get an error message pop up that says "Microsoft Windows Search Indexer has e... 18 Apr 2010 17:32
2nd winxp installation-one HD
my neighbour is having trouble with his winxp, rebooting immediately and constantly. I installed a 2nd copy of winxp and that one boots, though doesnt recognise any programmes installed on the old setup. There are no files such as 'my documents' either. Where will these be as surely they would be there if th... 21 Apr 2010 14:40
sqldumper
Purchased new Dell PC w/XP Pro. After setting up, I proceeded to remove Contact Manager cause I'd had problems w/it afore. Using Add/Remv programs, I proceeded to uninstall and when it came up to uninstall, SQLDumper was inclueded in the list of items to remove. I left it checked and went ahead w/removal. Now e... 21 Apr 2010 14:40
How do I get Xp (and Vista please) to remember when I setup a fold
Hi. When I open folder and organize it - Right-click the folder then auto arrange icons and arrange by name: How do I make that the default for all of Windows XP or Vista (64-bit)? Before, the XP OS did it for all the folders unless specified. Now I have to do it for EVERY SINGLE folder I open. This is annoyin... 19 Apr 2010 15:44
Spam
Spam ... 18 Apr 2010 11:58