First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!
I have this Dell desktop computer with Windows XP professional on there and was just wondering if you can please tell me where I would look to find the key code. I always wondered where it would be stored on a computer. Would that be stored in the registry and if so how would I get to it? Thank you! ... 4 May 2010 12:21
Language Bar has gone missing
I have the language bar sometimes goes missing and I have always managed to get it back on by going Control Panel, Regional and Languages Option, Language Tab, Text SErvices and Input Languages and by clicking on Language Bar to appear on the desktop. However, this time, no. No matter how many times I follo... 29 Apr 2010 06:46
Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk func... 29 Apr 2010 08:59
WINDOWS DEFENDER
Windows XP Upon turning on my desktop Microsoft Windows Defender was flooding my screen. I could not close any of the windows and I could not open McAfee to find out why these pop-ups were on my screen. I shut down and waited a reasonable amount of time, turned on my computer again and then I didn't have Mc... 2 May 2010 13:09
How can I tell if my hard drive is fat32 or ntft?
From: <catatonic-state(a)today.com> | I was reading the other messages about this on here. | How can I tell if my hard drive is fat32 or ntft? | I went to control panel and somewhere in there it says the word | drives, but all it shows me is what I assume is the drive model | number. I never knew there was a dif... 3 May 2010 10:57
A Runtime error window continuously pops up
I'm seeing this on my system as well. I tried what was suggested but it did not work (my settings were already in that state). /Ed "Tammy" wrote: thanks for answering back. I will give that a shot and see how it goes. Again, thanks! -- Tammy "Andrew E." wrote: Open internet ... 28 Apr 2010 18:37
Run program without it showing in Taskbar
I have an archive program that runs all the time in the background. It listens on a port for an occasional requests from another computer and then the receives files. The problem is, it sits in the taskbar whereas I'd like it to run invisibly. Is there any way to run a program on Windows XP so it doesn't show in ... 28 Apr 2010 17:29
Converting Hundreds of 2000 pro to XP pro
Good day, I'm in the Point of Sale field. I have well over 200 pos terminals with 2000 pro on them. I'm told that when MS stops updating it, that they all will not be PCI Compliant and they must be upgraded. Some have 2000 pro product keys and others don't. I took over this area from an out of business dealer. A... 29 Apr 2010 16:58
downgrade license 7 to XP
I was wondering if one can downgrade from windows 7 to windows XP? OR if I can use my windows 7 license to install XP? From what I was reading on microsofts site it sounds like you can use a windows 7 OEM license to install XP (presumably with grabbing a new key or using a VL key). But my understanding of wh... 6 May 2010 04:12
Why window explorer cannot ....
Lately, I found that I cannot move window explorer off screen or partially off screen. If any portion of it is moved off the screen, it will bounce back. Any settings or any malware involved ? Thanks very much for your kind advice. ... 29 Apr 2010 11:17