First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
Uninstall Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157)
It WORKS!!! "Nepatsfan" wrote: "Pseu" <Pseu(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:373C94BD-9CF1-4B4F-B971-EFDC312506C7(a)microsoft.com... Hello, I want to uninstall Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP (KB940157) but it does not appear in Add/Remove, how do I completely remove it? ... 7 May 2010 11:10
Internal Server Information
I'm using Windows XP Pro + SP3. with Firefox. My search engine gives this error. An error occurred when attempting to retrieve update information: "Internal Server Information" Any info regarding this gratefully received. What is the "Internal Server"? Is it part of the search engine or ??? TIA ... 7 May 2010 08:56
Unable to create certificate chain
When I run firefox, it keeps popping up a box with this message. "Unable to create certificate chain from the signing certificate to a root. Do you want to install Adobe Flash Player ? Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? I tried searches using Bing and Altavista. Thanks. ... 9 May 2010 00:21
No Task bar, no start button, no icons, nothing but wallpaper
When I boot the computer, it brings me to user profile page that displays correctly. When I chose a profile loads and the screen is blank other than the desktop wallpaper. No Task bar, start button, icons, nothing but wallpaper. The only way to access the system is through control-alt-delete and choose "new tas... 14 May 2010 17:14
HID-compliant mouse
What does the HID in HID-compliant mouse stand for? I had a Logitech Mouse that went bad so replaced it with an HP USB 3-button optical one. My MS XP Home Edition desktop lists the new mouse as an HID etc. mouse. Manufacturer Microsoft. Any suggestions, anyone? ... 6 May 2010 14:17
how do I monitor the ip address my computer is up/downloading from
My Netmeter shows traffic in and out without my instruction - about 10mb uploaded and 60 to 80 mb downloading per day. How do I find the ip addresses being accesssed. I want to know where it is sending to ! or getting from ! ... 7 May 2010 14:32
Phone Dialer
when i hover my mouse over Show Names With Conference Video menu option in View menu of Phone Dialer i receive a message in status bar that indicates avwav.dll in windows root is corrupt and i've just installed windows why this is happening and how can i fix it? ... 6 May 2010 09:40
Win xp Backup/restore ANONYMOUS
Thanks for the reply. There are no error messages. It does have NtBackup installed and when I click on the backed up file it opens a window with the file in there, albeit the wrong filename, and it says there are no backup files to restore. Unfortunately I did a format and reinstall of WinXP so I don't think the... 6 May 2010 09:40
WinXP ftp connection forget to logof ?
Hi I just tried creating a ftp connection through the Desktop->NetHood->Add Network Place That was easy and I played around a bit, copy file open close etc. and then I suddenly couldn't get access anymore No error messages I just kept getting the log on dialog. I fired up my ftp client and got the messa... 6 May 2010 16:32
Safe mode
How do I restart WinXP in Safe Mode????? ... 7 May 2010 13:24