First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109
Data Execution Prevention - none of the fixes work!
I have been trying to simply change my desktop theme/desktop color. Every attempt to execute the change gives me the DEP message about "run ..dll as an app". So I went into System Properties/Advanced/Performance and checked the box for an exception on "run .dll as an app". Reboot. Still wont allow me to do it.... 2 May 2010 14:16
error message below
Hello! I have an HP laptop with Windows XP Pro and originally bought it for running karaoke shows! I downloaded some karaoke files off the internet and they show up as HDZIP files; and they used to play beautifully! However, now I can no longer play these particular files and get the following error message:... 30 Apr 2010 10:36
UPDATE on .CMD questions
Had to update the post as it doesn't fully explain what I'm trying to do. I have two 'DOS' programs (which work in a CMD window) which I'd like executed when the .CMD file is invoked, as follows: @echo off pushd f:\notepad notepad (it's a popup 'dos' program invoked with a hotkey; works fine in a typical CM... 30 Apr 2010 10:36
The "The folder is not empty" bug on file deletion in Windows Expl
I have manage to remove the jhk.exe application from my computer that I had problem deleting normally but kept getting error msg and wouldn't delete. Now I have done it and I no longer have the problem or it on my computer. I'm just good! -- Matrix ... 30 Apr 2010 10:36
.CMD questions
Can someone explain how to have a *.CMD window open, execute a program and STAY at the command prompt? All I know to try is this: @echo off calendar_popup (this is the program I want executed) but immediately after execution the window closes (unless I put a PAUSE statement) but I need the window to retu... 2 May 2010 16:29
16 bit programs
Windows XP Home OEM Sp3 Error: Cannot install 16 bit programs I have never had this problem before. I was having a problem with one of my favorite programs (The Font Thing), so I uninstalled it. When I tried to reinstalled it, I got the prompt I couldn't install 16 bit programs. I have used this progra... 1 May 2010 10:57
Frequent updates and Windows installer
Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter. Thank you ... 3 May 2010 16:31
How to maximize the window?
Myfile.xls will be opened at 3 pm, which is scheduled task, whenever this file is opened, this excel is not maximizing the window, does anyone have any suggestions on how to set excel to be maximized the window, when this application is opened. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric ... 30 Apr 2010 19:41
WIN 7 x64 +Chkdsk
I have tried to run 'Chkdsk' on the Win7 partition. At boot up and after the Windows logo I get a black screen with the message to the effect that Chkdsk has been scheduled and beneath that another saying 'Chkdsk' has been cancelled. The bootup pauses at this screen for about 10 sec and the bootup continues,... 30 Apr 2010 04:01
XP makes me feel like I'm in a Foreign Country
On 4/29/2010 8:17 PM, anonymous(a)noplace.com wrote: On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:58:44 -0500, Etaoin Shrdlu<Etaoin(a)shrdlu.com> wrote: Thanks for all help. Over 600 words, and a level of whining that makes your "from" name questionable, to ask how to set up a dual-boot system. http://suppo... 30 Apr 2010 16:19