First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
How to schedule to perform defragment and hibernation?
I would like to set schedule to perform defragment? after that, make XP with SP3 into hibernation automatically. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric ... 4 May 2010 11:14
System Files
Hello, I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd. Please advise. -- Mike ... 2 May 2010 13:09
Need help with CACL's between two domain
I have a question that perhaps someone can help answer. We have a production domain and a test domain and there exists a one way trust where test trusts production. While logged onto my production XP Pro PC I used a RUN AS to open a command windows using my production domain administrator's account and then attempted ... 30 Apr 2010 21:53
cardreaderlookupwindow error
There is a discussion on an old version of this forum that talks about this error, but I want to add what I found - I can't add to the old forum. My computer has been stable for several months. About a week or two ago I got invited to try ZumaDrive which is a cloud drive. I installed it and tried to understand it a... 30 Apr 2010 21:53
System restore size doesn't "Stay put."
I set my System Restore size to 1 percent of my hard drive. But when I go back and check it's size, it's back to Windows default of 12 %. This behavior adds a lot of time to my defrag program because it's moving all those unneeded system restore points. Is this a bug or can it be fixed? Thanks. ... 3 May 2010 14:16
Win & newsgroup??
Is there a newgroup's' for win7? Have several questions before buying new laptop win win7 installed. ... 4 May 2010 12:21
Recycle bin sort order keeps going back to name
I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this problem, it is only t... 5 May 2010 09:21
Repeated Network cable unplugged/Local Area Connection now connect
I've rebooted the ADSL modem, unplugged and replugged all the cables but still every few seconds the network icon in the system tray changes to one with a red cross, and the message "A Network cable is unplugged" comes up, followed a fraction of a second later by a "Local Area Connection is now connected" messa... 2 May 2010 16:29
Start program in minimized window
How do I start a program (e.g. Internet Explorer Version 8) in a minimized window, just a tab in the toolbar? Can this be done for any program and is there a universal switch for this? ... 30 Apr 2010 17:27
Displaying prompt
I have edited and created the "Prompt key" in the registry to look like this: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager \Environment\Prompt' the Prompt value is 'prompt $t $d$_$p$g' When I run cmd I get the value that 'prompt $t $d$_$p$g' is supposed to display, but also the use... 30 Apr 2010 16:19