First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114
cacls: Error 1304: Error writing to file
Hello, I'd like to execute the following on a Windows Xp Pro computer in a domain and want to make it won't "break" any other files on system: cacls "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users" /T /E /C /G administrators:F Issue: Photoshop was already installed on a computer but it may have received an updated, etc an... 26 Apr 2010 16:06
IE 8 start-up problem upon boot
I put a shortcut to IE 8 in my startup folder. When I boot up IE 8 always produces error message that "navigation to web site was cancelled". Hitting the IE 8 "refresh" button causes it to go to the correct home web site (www.charter.net). Why? Is IE 8 being loaded at the wrong time? What can I do about it... 26 Apr 2010 16:06
PC crashes when touched
Any idea why my Old pc crashes (like it momentarily lost power and immediately starts to reboot) when touched sometimes? Jack ... 26 Apr 2010 23:58
Event Logs
Dear All, Is there a standard configuration/policy file in Windows XP that determines which events are written in the event logs (be it application log, security log, system log), and which events wont be written to these logs. Like a policy file determing which you wuill find and which you wont? If so where i... 26 Apr 2010 09:10
How to make a dir NOT read only
Hi, I am using wamp with XP and need to give permission so a dir can be Read. I have tried to unclick the Read Only option in Properties, but it just goes back to Read Only again. How can I make it stick to Read Thanks rock ... 26 Apr 2010 17:14
Parallel to USB cord - windows sees it, but it doesn't print
I have a HP 5L laser printer that is my workhorse. Since I have upgraded my computer, the new mobo doesn't have a parallel port connection. I went out and bought a PCI card with a parallel port, but found out the cord was too short for my case and hence I can't use it. So now I went out and bought a USB to paral... 28 Apr 2010 01:48
How do assigning password into user account affect my digit cert?
I am using XP with SP3, and have been setup signcert within office 2003, and assign its cert into macro, so I can skip the security pop up message whenever I open this file and it works properly. Recently, I need to assign password for my XP user account in order to enable hibernation mode, then when I open the... 26 Apr 2010 00:28
Speedy Computer
Hello!! Should this be a speedy computer.. All-In-One Desktop PC - AMD Athlon II X2 250U 1.6GHz, 4GB DDR2, 640GB HDD, DVDRW, Radeon HD4530, TV Tuner, 20" Widescreen LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium..Thanks,Nicolino ... 26 Apr 2010 19:31
XP Security,Home Edition,SP3
My computer is infected and now a box saying XP Internet Security keeps popping up and I can't elim the icon on the task bar..How do I rid myself of it or should i delete in add and remove?..I don't want to restore it as I plan on getting a new computer soon Thanks,Nicolino ... 10 May 2010 03:22
Pop up message claiming computer is infected
Neighbour has picked up one of those virus/worms or malwares than informs him that his computer is infected with all sorts of viruses and for a fee he can download a program to remove these infections. For protection he has been running nothing but the default WindowsXP security and firewall. To top it off, hi... 27 Apr 2010 13:21