First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124
Activation of windows 7
I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to make this activation understand that I have xp? ... 16 Apr 2010 19:34
TouchPad Pointer Erratic
Hi, My TouchPad Pointer has recently become Erratic. Notebook computer wasn't used for some time and when I turned it on I noticed the Pointer problem. I clicked on the 'Mouse' Icon in the Control Panel and changed the device settings many times adjusting the Sensitivity from light to heavy, etc. And even w... 16 Apr 2010 16:14
same here...
i can confirm the behaviour you mention as well as the day it first occurred (April 15th). Must either have something to do with the MS updates from the latest patch day or with us recently upgrading virus scanners from ESET NOD32 4.0.474 to 4.2.40.10. any solutions yet ? regards, tony jmp242 wrote: Ro... 16 Apr 2010 05:06
Windows live
Are you high? Spybot is no good??? HAHAHA I guess that's because it's 1 of the most powerful underutilized spyware/virus programs out there. Let me guess...you're a religious Windows user .. runinng IE8 .. Norton is your Antivirus and Winblows Defender too... Anyone saying that spybot is bad is a chump and doesn't ... 16 Apr 2010 02:57
Account demotion
A long time ago, I set up one of the accounts on our computer as a "power user". I would now like to demote it to a regular user. It's been long enough that I don't recall what I must do. Any help would be appreciated. The machine is XP Pro SP3, using welcome screen and simple file sharing. -- Jeff Barnett ... 16 Apr 2010 01:52
windows32/config/system during install
Hi I am installing XPHome and get this message after the first reboot Cannot access the file windows32/config/system. Reboot to the install CD and type R to repair. How do I get around this? thanks Daniel ... 16 Apr 2010 10:36
Installing XP on a Lenovo Laptop
P. Jayant wrote: I have a Lenovo G550 laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed (no installation disk from MS but a startup disk created immediately after installation). I have no problem using the Laptop and Windows 7 since I am currently using it at home where I have some friends around to consult in case of a... 25 Apr 2010 20:06
can't install Silverlight (and other app) on XP sp3 after virus at
My workstation got hit with the XP Defender virus on Monday April 5, 2010. This wreaked some major havoc on my machine. It took the IT guiy over a week to clear out all traces of the virus. In the meantime, some system files (among other things) had gotten corrupted. IT replaces these files with files from ... 16 Apr 2010 18:28
Roaming Profile cannot be found with several errors in Userenv.log
We have a bunch of Windows XP SP3 workstations that are logging into a Windows NT4 domain and have roaming profiles stored on an NT4 fileserver. In the past 2 days, several different users have started getting an error: Your roaming profile is not available. You are logged on with the locally stored profile. Cha... 15 Apr 2010 15:53
Win XP - SATA Question
Three years ago I installed a SATA HDD (500G) on an Intel motherboard and then installed Windows XP, Home Edition and everything ran fine. Just put together a new machine with an ASUS board and a SATA HDD and once again no XP installation problem. The wizards at work tell me that is impossible, since XP does no... 16 Apr 2010 16:14