First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
how to rescan for domain controller ?
hi, I have a laptop which is part of a domain. if I boot the PC at home with only an Internet access, then open a VPN to my domain (not a MS VPN, just an IPSec tunnel), the laptop has IP connectivity (ping, etc.) to the domain controller but continue to think it is booted outside remotely (eg with no access to d... 23 Apr 2010 18:12
How to assign a permanent drive to a removable external usb hardd
klafert wrote: I have a Western digital "mybook" which is an external hard drive in a case connected by a usb. I swap it out every day (two of them) its been working fine. Microsoft had an update and now it wont keep the drive . This is due to the first network drive is F: Which is the drive that is ... 23 Apr 2010 05:33
Problem: mutiple language bars
Hi all By some reason, I have 6 language bars, but only one "working" The other ones are empty. When I drag them of the task bar and closing them (to get rid of them), it will in one of them crash and windows will restore them. Once they got removed, but they come back over time - one by one. What causes this... 23 Apr 2010 03:28
Every shortcut on my desktop lost its personal graphic. Word 2007 has to be associated with Winword.exe everytime
Every shortcut on my desktop lost its personal graphic. Word 2007 has to be associated with Winword.exe everytime. Even my Roxio Creator icon when clicked has to be reassociated with it's exe program. There is a real bug going around when 2 separate machines from different households get some of the same .exe... 23 Apr 2010 03:28
Folders, My Computer, My Documents, Control Panel won't open on 2 out of 4 users
I just came from my Dad's computer and while downloading/installing some Windows Updates (Net Framework SP 2 patches, etc) the machine ground to a halt so I had to hard reboot. Now folders, Control Panel, My Documents, My Computer, Explorer.exe, etc. won't open and they lock up the machine if I try, then I have... 23 Apr 2010 00:16
resetting default folder options - XP Home (SP3)
I was fixing a friend's PC and reset some folder options (specifically, I asked File Mgr to show contents of folders such as C:\Programs, C:\Windows, etc, where they used to come up with a warning about knowing the risks of messing about), and, now that the PC is humming along nicely, I'd like to reset said f... 23 Apr 2010 01:23
How to code batch file to hibernate XP with SP3?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code batch file to hibernate XP with SP3? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric ... 29 Apr 2010 13:33
How to skip password when wake up from hibernating mode?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to skip password when wake up from hibernating mode? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric ... 22 Apr 2010 21:59
Why PC don't wake up to perform schedule tasks?
I have set a schedule task, PC will wake up to perform the task, but PC don't wake up in this morning to perform the task, does anyone have any suggestions? I am using XP with SP3. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric ... 26 Apr 2010 12:39
folder sharing
Hi, I have two computers at home: one PC with Windows XP Professional, another PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. Both PCs are connected to my ISP's cable modem via a switch. I would like to share a folder on Windows XP so Windows 7 could read the files in that folder. I have shared the directory on Windows XP... 25 Apr 2010 04:25