First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Windows Update at Shutdown
Running Win XP Pro and IE8. For about a week or so, when I shutdown, I see the option of clicking to obtain a Windows update, or to shutdown with out the update. I have been clicking on the "update" part and I see the update as being installed and then I do shut down. But the next time I want to shutdown, I... 16 May 2010 14:39
Problem with encoding date - but works on Win98
Hi all My problem is an older programme, Next from SCM for Windor 60 to exact. Probably that doesnt tell you much. Originally it works on Win98, and can be reinstalled and work on Win98. ยด On Win XP however, it will work the first time, but after that it will give this error: Invalid argument to date enco... 18 May 2010 13:41
New Folder on desktop contains "My Documents"
My mother's desktop has as its first icon a folder that contains "My Documents". It seems recursive and can't be removed by normal means (I don't want "My Documents" touched). Can it be hid or otherwise fixed? ... 22 May 2010 11:39
instruction at "0x73dd11c7" referenced memory
"RJK" wrote: This is an easy one ! You simply restore your boot-drive / Windows platform to the state it was in before you made, potentially disastrous, major software changes to it, such as installing application software that's destined to cause problems. So, because you were about to make chan... 16 May 2010 07:02
Is it possible to TRIPLE BOOT?
<hello(a)goodbye.com> wrote in message news:s44uu55ci7is8n9uqvqasucdohvaij23l1(a)4ax.com... I'm working on a computer that presently dual boots to XP and Win98. The computer owner wants to keep both of them, but also wants to install Ubantu or another Linux distro. Is it possible to triple boot? Yea, I ... 16 May 2010 12:27
NEED A LITTLE INFO PLEASE!
I was just wondering if you can please tell me how I can go about finding my question that I was working on in the Microsoft Newsgroup for Windows XP General when it went down and the answers that were provided. Can you please tell me how I can get back to that place as I was not quite done getting all of the a... 21 May 2010 07:19
This newsgroup and others will be migrating into the forums?
I read on a web-link from Microsofts site that these newsgroups will be eliminated in June and that they will be transfered to the Microsoft forums. If so, will all the posts be transfered and also in my profile? Or will all my saved posts be lost and or deleted and everything starts again? I just want to con... 18 May 2010 14:48
Changing keyboard key assignments
I'd like to assign some keys to do the function of ALT F4. I want to do this so that I could perform the ALT F4 function with one hand. Say something like ALT A. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Jim B. ... 15 May 2010 01:54
[Fwd: Re: Is defraging necessary?]
FYI WaIIy wrote: Ya, and you're a fu*king idiot who can't figure out how to type a paragraph. Ya with a name like Wally tells me everything I need to know about a nutter like you. hth -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LDS5ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIE... 14 May 2010 21:36
[Fwd: Re: Is defraging necessary?]
FYI No it is not absolute necessity to defrag your HD unless you want to kill time doing something. The nutters who have said that you should defrag your HD every week or even every month are likely to be loners and jobless. There is no evidence that defragging speeds up your system in any shape or form.... 14 May 2010 21:36