First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
How does one stop saves-to-disk that occurs after opening a folder
How does one stop saves-to-disk that occurs after opening a folder. I tryed setting bags no roam to zero in the registry but that did not work. ... 23 May 2010 23:24
Try setx.exe
You can try setting env variable using setx.exe(a windows 2000 resource kit utility) http://ss64.com/nt/setx.html Alternate is to set the values directly in env variable registry key(HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment). If you have plans to use this alternate, test it well before yo... 21 May 2010 15:03
How to find opened files by process ?
Hi ! How do I find out what are the files opened by a process ? I've tried procexp but may be I missed the feature. THanks very much for your advice. ... 24 May 2010 03:41
Want to lock desktop after waking from standby/hibernation
In all my experience, I have always seen XP wake up from either standby or hibernation and the desktop would be automatically locked. For some reason I have a user whose machine is not doing this. When he wakes it up from hibernation, it goes right back into his desktop. I got the same result waking it up from stan... 21 May 2010 09:31
how to set a assembly's properties without the use of a GUI
I want to set the Description of my .exe file (it is a .NET assembly). You know that description that is seen in Windows Task Manager process tab. Almost every running process has got one. They can be a whole sentence explaining what the process is about. I need a way of setting this description of my .exe witho... 24 May 2010 04:45
How to force regedit to start searching again?
Hello, It happens to me quite often. After conducting one search, regedit does not even try to search for the new search entry, instead displaying "Finished searching through the registry" message. When I restart Windows regedit will repeat the same scenario. How to re-initialize regedit without restart... 21 May 2010 07:19
PS Re: SFC
I decided to send you an example of the multiple locations and got more than I bargained for, lol! Anyway, here is the current listing of my own i386 folders on this particular machine, FYI: i386 0 10/27/2009 11:24 AM d C:\drivers\audio\R178832\common\ i386 ... 20 May 2010 20:31
XP / VISTA restore??
I have a Dell desktop PC running XP (love it!) and a Compaq laptop PC running Vista (hate it!). This is probably a dumb question, but can I use my Dell XP restore disks to "restore" my laptop to the XP operating system? Probably not, but I had to ask. Vista is just dreadful. Thanks! ... 20 May 2010 21:36
How to change PERMANENTLY environment variables from batch script?
Ok, I know. In a batch file I can change environment variables temporarily (=for the current, remaining session) be entering e.g. set CLASSPATH=D:\newpath;%CLASSPATH% However these changes are not visible outside of the current session and furthermore they are lost after a reboot. Is there a(nother) way to ... 20 May 2010 13:55
pinkish screen
When I attempted to go online , my screen was pink . I have not done anything to the computer so I can't figure out where it might have come from . xp sp3 ie 7 oe 6 TIA , D. ... 20 May 2010 18:20