First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
File sort order reversed or wrong in File Open or File Save dialog box
Thanks for the tip. I think you're the type of person just like me that will share the solution of some tough question to other people. Way to go:rolleyes: -- scottchu ... 3 Jun 2010 12:19
Internet Explorer 8
Ever since I moved up to IE8 a couple of weeks ago, I get a pop up every other day- "Set Up Windows Explorer 8 - Welcome to Windows Explorer 8" where they want me (I think) to "personalize" it. There is no box where I can click so that I will not keep getting this message in the future. How can I kill this? ... 3 Jun 2010 21:16
(OffTopic) Where to get the news on dialup
The Browser you need is called "Off by One". (OB1) ... 6 Jun 2010 11:38
How to add DefaultInstall to inf file
The CDM drivers from FTDI: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM%202.06.00%20WHQL%20Certified.zip do not have DefaultInstall section in its inf files. So you cannot install the driver with right-click Install. That's the way I've been using to pre-install the driver from InstallShield. I tried to add the Defau... 3 Jun 2010 04:35
Can't delete file
I just did a system recovery on a Gateway with XP Pro from the restore partition on the hard drive. One of the restore options was to save the old windows files in a folder called Backup (date). So I did that. After restoring the OS I copied all the files I needed back into the new install from the backup folde... 3 Jun 2010 17:55
Particular Explorer.exe Handles Stay Open After Word/Phrase Search
Say I do a search on any given drive or volume or folder using Windows Explorer for "A word or phrase in the file". When the search is done, I close the search window entirely. After the search, if I look in Process Explorer, many files remain open as handles under the explorer.exe process. If I keep Process E... 3 Jun 2010 00:14
Trying to install Wxp SP3 for _one_ computer
Trying to install Wxp SP3 for _one_ computer but I can not use windows update because the computer never had a modem. What other way can I get a Wxp SP3 for _one_ computer? I download at a public library then take an external drive home. ... 3 Jun 2010 01:20
Maximum RAM on 64-bit
What is the maximum RAM XP 64-bit will utilize? I know it's 3 GB on 32-bit, but... TIA ... 7 Jun 2010 16:38
TEST POST!
JUST FYI! ... 2 Jun 2010 02:16
codec error messages?
Recently I started getting codec error messages when I attempt to play certain MP3 files on my XP computer. The files play fine on my MP3 player as well as my Vista laptop, however. So what gives? The files used to play ok on the XP machine, but not now. Any suggestions? ... 2 Jun 2010 13:10