First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
Love XP
Still love XP. Vista and Windows 7 notwithstanding. Vista was a messy experience. Seven is better but too much eye candy and unnecessary complexity. Will stick to XP on my own machine till the service updates run out for SP3 in 2014. Maybe Windows 8 will be out by then. Or will try Linux maybe. Cannot understan... 23 May 2010 13:35
error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the... 23 May 2010 03:53
Logon problem
I have a Dell here with XP Pro SP3. It boots up and then logs itself off, leaving the login screen with the username. If you click on that, it boots briefly and then logs right back off. It does the same thing in Safe Mode, even using the Administrator account. A while back a windows update which I *believe* wa... 25 May 2010 15:47
XP won't start up
When I started up windows XP Pro this morning, the display came up bank (dark blue, not THE blue, but nothing at all on the screen). I forced a shutdown and attempted to start up in safe mode - it threw THE blue screen with a message that referred to stopping to avoid damage to my system with the message IRQL_... 23 May 2010 23:24
Reclaim disk space
This actually applies to Windows Servers as well as Windows XP. As happens, as updates are downloaded and applied, the size of the Windows folder continues to grow with $NtUninstallKB..... files and a folder $hf_mig$. I generally delete the $NtUninstallKB... folders after awhile, but is it safe to delete old KB ... 22 May 2010 12:46
Reclaim disk space
This actually applies to Windows Servers as well as Windows XP. As happens, as updates are downloaded and applied, the size of the Windows folder continues to grow with $NtUninstallKB..... files and a folder $hf_mig$. I generally delete the $NtUninstallKB... folders after awhile, but is it safe to delete old ... 23 May 2010 10:18
Different drives
I have two drives, C: and E: Windows installed on C: drive. I want install all software(and data) on E: drive, for better performance and separating OS from programs. Will most softwares, include antiviruses, works OK when it installed on a different drive than the one that windows is installed? ... 22 May 2010 17:08
How do I add columns in WAB?
Hi All, In Windows Address Book (WAB), how do I show more than four columns of existing data fields? Is four the maximum it will show? Many thanks, -T ... 21 May 2010 19:28
Remote Desktop question
Hi all, I need to have remote access to a computer running a measuring device in the lab (basically to check whether the machine is running fine, and to interfer if I need to). Can I use a remote desktop connection for this? - I need to see the current screen with the current software running, i.e. not "swi... 21 May 2010 18:23
Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it pose... 23 May 2010 15:47