First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Installing SP3
I going to install Win XP on a new computer (with no operating system). After I install Win XP (no SP's) from my (legal) Win XP install CD, can I install SP3 (from an SP3 install CD) as the next step? Or, do I have to install SP2 first? I am aware of "slipstreaming', but why go to the trouble when I already ... 28 May 2010 10:27
Error number: 0x800B0111
You are so much better than that PCSAFETY place! sue "Stone" wrote: "cavalier" wrote: "Dece" wrote: I donwlaod updates and they won't intall. Updates are on. error is not in microsoft database. cavalier wrote try this,0x800b0111 You c... 28 May 2010 01:47
security center and virus protection
My anti-virus is McAfee 8.7.0i. It is up to date. Yet the security center is stating that my virus protection is out of date. What to do? I have turned on and off the system 3 times and nothing has changed. Recommendations? ... 28 May 2010 14:53
Restoring icon layout
Occasionally there's an event which causes my desktop icons to be rearranged and resized, such as plugging in a monitor with differnt characteristics. Is there a way to save the icon layout, size and other characteristics so that it can be easily restored when the original monitor is attached, rather than manua... 29 May 2010 11:23
Iexplorer closes but does not go away
XP Pro on a Toshiba laptop. Internet Explorer Version 8. I was having a lot of trouble with the computer. It would freeze up, the quick launch bar wouldn't work, it would take something like 15 minutes to shut down. Looking at the processes, I suddenly noticed that the iexplore process was running when the ... 27 May 2010 18:12
Apple surpasses M$ in market capitalization
SEATTLE - Apple has surpassed Microsoft as the largest technology company in the world by market capitalization. Apple's move comes as the company's iPhone, and now its iPad tablet computer, have taken on more of the personal computing tasks once handled by computers running Microsoft's Windows operating system a... 27 May 2010 03:50
*More* Running CHKDSK--Issue
Also...the following article may be worth a look: (315265) How to Perform Disk Error Checking (chkdsk) in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=315265 -- Volunteer J - MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solution... 28 May 2010 12:40
Running CHKDSK--Issue
I ran (or thought I ran) CHKDSK. when I staarted to do so it told me files were open and I checked to have it run on reboot. Then I rebooted the computer and left for dinner and some errands. When I returned to the computer maybe 2 hours later It was very nicely booted up and my screensaver was at work. So ... 26 May 2010 22:28
DMA Mode
I'm using Windows with XP SP2 on a nearly new computer (18 months old). My CD/DVD burning software is Nero OEM 6.3.1.26. (InCD is 4.2.12.1.) Whenever I attempt to burn a new CD or DVD, I get a message from Nero DMA Manager saying "This application has detected that your drive is not in DMA (direct memory acces... 27 May 2010 14:52
XP will not run, does not wake
I have XP Home, AMD 1.1 processor, 1.5 MB Ram, 80 GB hard drive. System went to sleep suddenly, and now will not wake. I can run in Safe Mode, but 'Normal' results in scrambled screen and revert to safe mode. I have restored several times to different dates. Hard drive reports normal, and no errors shown in D... 27 May 2010 18:12