First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Where have all the newsgroups gone???
This seems to be the only newsgroup to which I can subscribe. I keep getting error messages that other newsgroups are "not available on this news server." ... 8 Jun 2010 08:04
Grouping with outlook icon in windows taskbar
Hey Rock, have you found a way to make the taskbar grouped icon for Outlook items (opened or new messages, appointments, etc.)separate from the icon for the main Outlook window? "Rock" wrote: "Lina Venerus" <LinaVenerus(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote I am using Office Outlook on WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONA... 7 Jun 2010 17:45
search not working
Hi I just did a new install xp pro sp2 and the search in start is not working it is there to click on but nothing happens when I click on it the search works ok in folders .. Everything else seems ok. Thank you for any help Bob C ... 8 Jun 2010 00:25
XP Activation loop!
I am having the same problem. But check this out. I am getting this on a fresh install... or should I say many fresh installs. On first run this pc goes into the "you must activate" loop.. a few problems 1 the nic drivers are not even installed nor the vid drivers.. we got by that on the 3rd reinstall. ... 7 Jun 2010 17:45
Laptop with several XP problems
A young friend with not much money was given a beautiful laptop with XP on it, as originally sold. But it has a strange collection of problems! Maybe they're related or maybe some are well known? 1) None of the 3 USB ports work, with a flashdrive or a mouse. How do I tell if this is a software or hardwar... 7 Jun 2010 07:27
Making XP desktop look like Win98
I have used Win98 since 98. I really didn't care to upgrade, but it seems there's just too much stuff that dont work in 98 anymore. I just bought another (used) computer with XP installed, and will keep my Win98 computer as it is. That way I can use either one. The old one was too slow for XP and dual booting s... 12 Jun 2010 17:07
Phantom wireless network detected
I have a WinXP SP3 laptop. Even with the wireless network hardware switch turned off Windows is showing a wireless network name "wireless". I have File and printer sharing disabled for the wireless card and am not sharing any resources on the laptop. ... 7 Jun 2010 17:45
Upload/Download Speeds
It's time for me to ask another one of my learning questions. Can somebody tell me why my Upload and Download Speeds are different? I currently have a Download speed of 35.9 Mbps and an Upload Speed of 26.9 Mbps. I think the speed must have to do with the motherboard chip speed and/or settings. When I look in ... 7 Jun 2010 17:45
File Transfer Wizard Problems
RGB wrote I am having the same problem. ie Transfer wizard does not recognize my DVD Disc 1 and asked me to put in correct disc. My Computer does not list the files on any of the 3 discs. It did before I reinstalled windows. It does read ordinary CDs. Can anyone help?? "brit35" wrote: Try downloading KB... 7 Jun 2010 08:33
mouse does not work on Start items
When I open the list under the start button, often, the choices (web sites, Microsoft Update) do not light up in blue and the mouse is ineffective. Then suddenly, it works again and next stops again. Otherwise, the mouse works fine. Any odeas? Thank you JB ... 9 Jun 2010 09:44