First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
windows themes not working AND no internet connect
windows themes not working AND no internet connect Every time the computer is started up, the xp theme (Luna) is the windows classic. I know how to start in up in the control panel, but it does not stay that way after shutdown. It can't connect to the internet, even if modem shows all lights working. Verizon h... 3 Jun 2010 15:41
Automating XP and IE8 Installation
I have used nLite and IEAK8 to create an XP Pro installation CD that includes SP3 and all recent updates, and automatically installs IE8 with a number of settings configured. I have tested the CD and found that it works, but that there are a number of things that did not get setup correctly. I am thinking that so... 30 May 2010 04:42
Diskwipe, then XP reinstall
This question has probably been asked before, but I can't figure out how to search for it. Apologies. If you can point me to a thread I will be happy to go there. I have an old Dell PC,( vintage 2003), with XP Home Edition. It has been updated regularly, so the XP version is current. But the machine is so b... 10 Jun 2010 22:22
CMD command
Using XP Sp3 I don't use the CMD that much, mainly when I use ipconfig. When I do, the text extends across past the window. There is no horizontal scroll bar to see past that. Any suggestions on setting the CMD window to scroll across, or extend it? The window is locked horizontal so I can't extend it. ... 31 May 2010 10:52
Complete backup of Windows XP installation
Hi, I installed Windows XP on an old laptop and then installed a whole bunch of pc games on it for my kids. It took me quite some time to get it all finished. The kids will not have admin rights but nevertheless I'm pretty sure that the pc will be all messed up within a few months. Now I was wondering: is there ... 30 May 2010 10:02
Windows XP reverted itself to default
Hi, I turned on my HP laptop computer this morning only to find out these odd things had happened: * The wall paper on the desktop was a HP default & not the one that I had prior. * There was no documents in "My Doc" folder-just 3 default ones * There was no pictures in "My pictures" folder-just 2-3 default ones... 31 May 2010 14:11
Dates in WORD 2007
Hi I am running Windows XP and have just installed WORD 2007. Can someone please tell me how I stop the parser auto-completing dates for me? I like to write 29th May, 2010 - but as soon as I type that and hit <ENTER> I get 2010-05-29 on the end. It's driving me nuts!! R :( ... 30 May 2010 03:39
What does one do if a torrent is completely inactive?
What does one do if a torrent is completely inactive? ... 31 May 2010 11:58
Formatting External drive
I have a Western Digital 1.0 TB drive WD10EALS that I'm attempting to install as an external drive through a USB port. When plugged in, Windows XP said it found it and installed it. But, it is not accessible and not given a drive letter. I've tried Western Digital's Diagnostic and their Align programs and neither ... 30 May 2010 08:57
Which usb-sata/eide adaptor?
I've been following the thread on hard drive updates as I need to replace drives on both a laptop - Inspiron 2600 (eide) - and a desktop pc (sata) The usb-sata etc adaptor seems a very useful device, but after 'googling' for them here in the UK I am a bit unsure what to buy. There are many different ones on o... 12 Jun 2010 13:47