First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Way to get folders in start menu to not expand to show all contents/files?
PRR wrote: OK thanks. I was thinking about putting these links on the quick launch bar, or a customized toolbar. I'd rather not have them on the desktop, as these are for a young person who can easily locate and click on the Start button; I'm not sure I want them minimizing every window just to see the... 26 May 2010 14:43
What IE with XP Pro SP3??
What level of IE should I expect on a system running XP Pro SP3 assuming the installed IE was not updated?? ... 26 May 2010 16:58
Which program file is executed?
Joe User wrote: 1. How do I know what program (folder and file name) is executed when I click on shortcut? For some shortcuts, the answer seems self-evident: right-click on the shortcut icon, click on Properties, and look at Target in the Shortcut tab. But for other sortcuts, e.g. Excel, the... 31 May 2010 18:36
partition wizard
partition wizard can tech you how to do it http://www.mt-solution.ca/download.htm Domenick wrote: Dual Boot from two different physical drives 23-May-10 I would like to know how to DUAL BOOT using two different physical hard drives. Is this possible? I currently have a machine running XP Pro with a BUNCH ... 26 May 2010 04:50
WinXP clock
Does WinXp sync it's clock to some outside resource if it's available? I downloaded an atomic sync software. Found my clock to be about 5 minutes off. Synced it and scheduled it to be synced every hour. It's now about 15 minutes later and it's off by 5 minutes again. Historically, evidently, it's always 5 minu... 5 Jun 2010 22:24
problem solved temporarily
Thanks. removing KB979309 worked for me. I appreciate you taking the time to help! "big anton" wrote: the issue has most likely to do with a recent security patch by microsoft (KB980232, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980232/en-us). When i uninstalled it (i ignored the dependency warning for KB97... 25 May 2010 17:59
hard drive backup
I've got a Dell laptop running XP, and after running a diagnostic test, got error code 0146 that hard drive was corrupted. Dell is sending me a new one, which I'll have to self-install. I can't remember backing up my entire system ever, so my question is, how should I go about saving all my settings and progra... 5 Jun 2010 09:14
Windows XP Start button right click question.
When I right click on the start button in XP classic menu there are all kinds of things in the "context menu" such as Open, Explore, Explore from here, Scan with AVG, Combine files in Acrobat, Open in Onenote, Groove Folder syn---, Etc. Question is where and how do I delete these some of these things I never... 26 May 2010 08:04
windows close and dissapear
I have had this problem for months__a few windows are open and one of them,any one that starts to take a bit more time to open,I decide to terminate 1 window,and be blowed , all the widows shut together,bit of a problem when you are checking prices etc. on different pages and all just disappear any help with thi... 25 May 2010 23:28
uninstalling norton internet security
I am trying to uninstall norton internet security and I've read that the uninstall via control panel / remove programs is very incomplete. Is there a process to totally and propery remove NIS from my system. I'm running XP. -- jj ... 25 May 2010 12:26