First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Recording option doesn´t save selected device
Hello, Clean Win XP SP3, full updates. If I go to start, control panel, Sound and audio devices, then audio, select my Sound Recording audio device (HD Audio rear input), then on Advanced select Line In, then select Use only default devices, Apply and OK. Next time I restart windows, it change from Li... 17 Jun 2010 11:11
.NET Security updates fail - KB979906 & KB979909
Opening a new thread as suggested by PA Bear. OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 running IE8 but Chrome for anything useful. Part on an office network with an SBS2003 domain server. The above updates won't install and fail with error 0x80070643. I have read KB976982 and followed its procedure to remove all .NET versions ... 17 Jun 2010 15:40
Messenger service does not work
We use the Messenger service to send instant messages around our office. If I try to send a message to my XP machine I get the following error (from the command prompt): C:\>net send robert test An error occurred while sending a message to ROBERT. The message alias could not be found on the network. More... 17 Jun 2010 21:13
Security problem.
I have WindowsXP pro, SP3. I have just noticed in the Registry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR that there is a list of all plug-in devices such as cameras, USB thumb drives etc that I use occasionally. Presumably imbedded here are times of access of these to the computer ... 20 Jun 2010 00:20
Order things startup in XP
I use AD GPO to deploy a lot of software in MSI files. I also use RIS to deploy Windows XP Pro. I also use WSUS to deploy all my Windows Updates. My goal is to deploy XP with RIS, Office and a bunch of other apps with GPO and fully patch the system as quick as possible. Right now when I use RIS to setup my ... 16 Jun 2010 23:14
Clear XP recent documents programatically
Is there a way to programatically clear XP recently opened documents list? ... 18 Jun 2010 03:44
OEM CD
It's usually possible to obtain a replacement CD from MS via the fulfillment path. I've done so several times via phone, and a small charge for the replacement CD. Before I went this route, I always checked the CD/DVD using another driver or P/C. Another possibility or method is to copy the CD contents to a ... 18 Jun 2010 16:52
MS Office update 2000 -> 2003 killed Outlook Express
Someone in my office has just had precisely the same experience as in the two reports below, where, on XP Pro/SP3, following an update of MS Office from "2000" to "2003," Outlook Express is never again functional, first complaining upon every launch "Unable to open the Address Book, The Address book may not be in... 17 Jun 2010 17:54
Netmeeting in an RDP session
Have a user that RDP'd into a remote machine. He can run Netmeeting and see other's shared desktops but cannot share his own desktop in his RDP session. The share button is grey'd out. Can you share your RDP session desktop? I would't thnk so but not sure. Thanks ... 16 Jun 2010 23:14
SP3 Upgrade
I recently downloaded SP 3 in the form of something called a "ISO Disk." Seemed like a good way to preserve the updates it in case of a crash, but my free Frog will not unzip the folder. I don't know any thing about ISO disks but hate to buy WinRar just for this file. If any one knows of free ware that will wo... 17 Jun 2010 02:29