First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
Event Viewer
I have an Acer Extensa laptop - WIN XP SP3 currently up to date. The DVD/CD player for some reason will not open/show what is on it or play - this is not a regular occurrence - might be the discs themselves. I went into Event Viewer to see if there were any indications and was shocked to see that the only event... 24 Jul 2010 08:01
MsiInstallProduct returned '1601'
I am trying to install a small program and get 'MsiInstallProduct returned '1601'' in a error log while trying to install. Also, I can not run the windows update successfully. Everytime I try to install or update applciations on my computer I get install failed message. Any ideas what to do with this error m... 24 Jun 2010 16:23
Lost My Computer on destop
WinXP SP3 I have "lost" the shortcut / icon to My Computer which is normally resident on the Desktop. How can I recover it? donwb ... 25 Jun 2010 13:12
Block access to website
How to block access to target website on windows XP, so it can no longer be accessed, and that browser can no connects to that address? (for Firefox and IE). ... 24 Jun 2010 13:02
using imagex on WinXP
I have an XP image created with WDS. I need to chagne the ACL on a single file inside the image. Is it possible to mount the XP image with imagex and edit the ACL on the file? I have read online that you can't use imagex with xp images, but other articles online say you can. ... 28 Jun 2010 15:04
Power options issue
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or h... 24 Jun 2010 16:23
connecting XP to an old Win98 PC
I have acquired an old yellow cable and on it is printed the following: TYPE CM 24AWG 75.C C(UL) E201854-B ETL VERIFIED TIA/EIA-56B-B.2 CAT.5 UTP PATCH It is 2 metres long. I have also taken a close look at the connectors and it looks as if the wires match at both ends, although to be fair the clarity isn't c... 24 Jun 2010 10:45
Tool Bars and Fonts for Desktop
I would like to increase the size of the Task Bar Icons, Tool Bars and the font used to display files in Windows Explorer . . . and don't know how to do that. I will be grateful for some help on this. I am running Windows XP Home SP3. --- Dave ... 24 Jun 2010 10:45
Missing boot-start driver bthex.dll
(This may be repeated....if so, sorry!)When I start my computer (with Win XP Home SP3 installed), just after the BIOS info screen and before Windows even kicks in, I get a white progress bar at the bottom of the screen that fills up over about 20 minutes before the usual Windows logo/start screen appears. Looki... 24 Jun 2010 09:38
Question about System Partition and Active Partition
I was trying to fix my XP computer by using a Ghost9 Image of my C drive but I think I restored it to the wrong partition. I have two hard drives in my computer. HD1 has C and D partitions and HD2 has G and H partitions (NTSF). (I use G & H for backups, etc.) I had to do the restore twice because I thought ... 24 Jun 2010 19:44