First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
System Restore not working
Using win XP Home SP3. All up to date. I down loaded a free evaluation copy of Google Sketchup pro 7 the other day. It is time limited (480 mins I think). I didn't think much of it so I tried to uninstall it via the usual Add/Remove Progs but that didn't work. Then I tried system restore and that failed as wel... 1 Jul 2010 14:29
SP3 question
I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 on a Dell Dimension 3 GHz machine with 2 Gig of RAM. I have only heard bad things from people I know who tried to install SP3 and on newsgroups. It seems that one of three things will happen. 1. Everything will go well and it will work OK. (Seldom) 2. It will seem to go well fo... 7 Jul 2010 15:42
Window defender missing?
I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine. My Start/All Programs does not contain it. I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if it is mentioned there - it isn't. Shouldn't it appear some place - I like to check if it is really installed. Thank ... 1 Jul 2010 22:17
Curing Major Spyware Infection
OK so it appears I have a serious spyware infection. Redirecting web site page or not allowing any web sites, inability to access tools menu of IE, unable to run any system files or installation files. In each case it tells me that the file is infected and directs me to purchase thier file to "cure" the probl... 1 Jul 2010 22:17
Unknown program running
I get the "critical Stop" sound periodically even when my computer is not being used. Sometimes when I go to click my user name after it has been idle it will say two programs running even if only one is open. Hitting Alt-Ctrl-Del shows either no applications running or only the one I have open never two. How do I ... 7 Jul 2010 17:54
problem with Windows update
I have Win XP Home SP3, Windows Live OneCare and Update set on Automatic. It worked fine. However recently, every time I reboot Windows, a yellow shield icon appears in the notification area saying updates are available. There are four updates for MS .NET - KB 982524, KB 982168, KB 979909 and KB 974417. I insta... 5 Jul 2010 15:34
Trying to *Dell Restore* my Dell Dimension XPS 9150 to factorycondition
microsoft.news.com wrote: I'm _trying_ to do a "Dell System Return return my computer to *factory Condition*. The CD-ROM drive has been dysfunctional for dome time and I normally just use the DVD read/write drive instead. All goes fine up to the point when it tries to reboot to start the r... 30 Jun 2010 10:54
Need help booting RAID drive
I can't get my XP Pro system to boot the RAID drive. Specs: Powerspec B647, Intel Core 2 Quad, 4 GB RAM, two 500 GB mirrored RAID hard drives (RAID controller drivers integrated into XP via nLite). The RAID BIOS setup utility shows the following: Boot: N/A Status: Healthy Vendor: Nvidia Array: Mirror Siz... 1 Jul 2010 15:37
Error 1618 or Error 1500 "Installation already in progress"
bokee88;1120661 Wrote: Received a replacement phone today. Several of the items that I need to install start with a .exe on the Laptop, they then run a cab file on the phone itself. however, everytime I run one of the .exe files I get an error saying there is something else that hasn't finished installi... 30 Jun 2010 10:54
**SPAM*** Re: how to recovery data from harddisk ?
On Jun 30, 1:35 pm, undisclosed wrote: Which operating system are you using? It is because operating system determines the files system of the computer and if you are using latest Windows 7 operating system then FAT32, NTFS must be your file and to recover files from that 'Windows 7 Data Recovery' (http:... 30 Jun 2010 10:54