First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
rundll32.exe
Win XP pro laptop, version 5., sp3. Every time I try to do anything I get rundll32.exe cannot be found. When I try to open a program, I get the Open With window with nothing that works. I suspect a virus or the like but can't run AV or anything else to try to locate culprit. I tried running repair w/XP Pro cd... 2 Jul 2010 21:15
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile" for a domainuser
Perhaps the user is killing power before the system is done saving settings? yerk55 wrote: This one is driving me mad. Ok, here’s the situation: PC with XP SP2, joined to a domain. There are 2 users that use this machine, both log in with their Active Directory logons. Melissa can log in fine and has... 2 Jul 2010 11:19
Follow-up to O/P posting re: 'Booting Raid Drive'.
Hi,,, This post is primarily about nLite. I d/loaded nLite but noticed that on the d/l page it said.. " You need ..NET Framework 1.1 in order to run it.". Can anyone explain this? Ed ... 2 Jul 2010 08:01
MS Office Discussion off for weeks
Hello! Friends Sorry for posting this question here. Anyone knows why MS Office Discussions have been off for weeks? When I logged on, I don't see any discussion topics there. Thanks. Lee CC ... 6 Jul 2010 08:57
Disk Check
Cannot complete Disk Check from my computer > C: > properties > tools > check disk > scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. any help appreciated. -- TM ... 2 Jul 2010 05:51
Why is "Local Settings" folder NOT shown in WinExplorer ?
On one of my computers the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings IS shown in WinExplorer whereas on another it is NOT. The folder exists on both computers. I can verify it through cmdline command dir /a All settings in WinExplorer menu Tools->Folder Options->View are the same. Ye... 3 Jul 2010 03:43
Defrag Problem
I am not able to improve defrag of my laptop hard drive with 27% defragmentation per analysis using Windows or Norton 360 software. Do I need to reformat the hard drive and perform reinstallation? Any suggestions? ... 9 Jul 2010 20:34
Right mouse button stopped working
Using XPpro. I just had a tech person reformat my hard drive and reinstall XPpro and Office 2007 (from the looks of 2007 I'm sorry I did it). I'm just now getting everything set back up and my right mouse button isn't working. Can anyone help? EXAMPLES: The right mouse button seems dead and is non-responsiv... 2 Jul 2010 03:42
User Account Deleted
Laptop defaults and asks for a password to a User that apparently has been deleted using computer management, but does not accept any password. I think an administrator account is still there, but I don't know what it is and or the password. Have I lost everything?....XP sp3 seems to boot up ok. ... 2 Jul 2010 20:10
XP to W7 problem...
My Acer Netbook running XP can't see my W7 laptop that has my printers attached. All the other W7 computers in the house can see that W7 laptop and use it's printers. What's wrong? TIA, Paul ... 2 Jul 2010 08:01