First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Computer caught in UPDATES LOOP
Earlier I tried to install fee trial NERO 10 from WWW. Did not intall and I think it was a .NET issue. Tried then to install NERO 9 Lite, that failed to install. Anyway, on boot-up I notice that Automatiic Updates wants to install 3 updates KB979909; KB974417; KB982168. These initialise and install. But som... 11 Jul 2010 01:52
Error Message: Page needed to close down, ....
Hi: After opening 'Home Page,' error message popping up in the middle of the screen saying, ... 'Page needed to close down, ... and whether I want to send this message to Microsoft, either 'send it' or 'not send it.' After closing it down, I need to start all over again to open 'Home Page.' After that, every... 10 Jul 2010 11:37
I had about tensubjects now only two
I have been informed that 8 of the subjects I regularly used are no longer available and I am left with 2 This one and Windows XP security What has happened to the others? Blair ... 12 Jul 2010 09:36
Playing a DVD problem
Hi all, The problem isnt mine, I am helping a friend. When he puts in a dvd it takes forever for it to find a program with which to associate itself, but does bring up a dialogue with options eventually. We choose the VLC player because at least that one allows it to work, the other options dont. (windows ... 12 Jul 2010 19:39
BIOS/CMOS Setup
OS: WindowsXP Pro Ver2002 SP2 On an old computer the AMIBIOS Hiflex Setup Utility Version 1.23(1999 American Megatrennds) under AUTO showing the capacity of hd 74.5 MG as an 33.83 MG. Will there be a problem to divide this 74.5MG into TWO partitions C: and D: whereas the capacity of 74.5 under Auto ... 12 Jul 2010 21:51
Problem Installing XP after Ubuntu install
So I got a laptop with windows 7, cleared the whole drive out, and installed Ubuntu 9.1 on it. Now I am selling the computer, but the person who wants the computer doesn't want Ubuntu they want Windows XP. So I have an extra copy of windows xp install disk, and I cleared out ubuntu, reformatted the hard drive to NTF... 12 Jul 2010 22:57
Rake complains about missing "default" task
Hi, I got an example rakefile from the webpage http://jasonseifer.com/2010/04/06/rake-tutorial which displays "Published: April 6, 2010 at 4:25 AM" Below are my results from testing that rakefile in a Command window on WinXP-Pro/SP3 running Rails 2.3.5, where Rake complained "Don't know how to build task 'def... 9 Jul 2010 18:21
The area for the questions is blank
After I replied to a question in another discussion group the area where the questions should be is blank. The rest of the page is there and functional. This is one of the few groups that I can still see the questions. What is going on and how do I correct it. -- Thanks for your help. ... 6 Aug 2010 00:40
Formatting C
I managed to pick up a nasty Cryptic trojan horse and all my attempts to scan the drive with updated software have failed. I think this thing has got my internet connx locked up pretty well. I figured I would format my C drive after saving most of my data. Now when I give the command to format via Win Explorer o... 11 Jul 2010 08:17
SQL backup corrupted or unreadable
I did a backup of a 36GB SQL database to a USB hard drive, which completed successfully. When I went to copy that backup to my archive server, at around 40% it errored aaying the file was unreadable or corrupted. Of course, I had already deleted the database since I needed room on my server and thought I had a ... 19 Jul 2010 14:40