First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Sound plays automatically
When my wife's Limited User Account is started, it automatically begins playing the sound file of a U-tube video clip she looked at on the Internet a few days ago. There is no program showing in the Task Bar. The PC works normally while this 4 minute file is playing. This does not happen without an Internet Con... 11 Jul 2010 22:43
What is 'Status Disk and click?'
Hi: Recently, I'm getting the following message on my PC after having let it sit more than one month's period. -------------------------------- Insert Status disk and 'click.' Use Source "1" and 'OK." ---------------------------------- How to get rid of this, annoying message in the middle of the screen whe... 11 Jul 2010 17:06
Disable auto login of network share?
I want to be really clear about this problem because I've seen the same question posted elsewhere with 50 answers that have nothing to do with the question. I am running a server that has a shared "users" folder. When a user (on an XP Pro machine) logs into the share, the user is asked his/her username and passw... 11 Jul 2010 18:12
NVIDIA nForce Network Controler say "Cable not connected"
Hi and I'm setting up a home network and 2 of the 3 computers are working on the network except the laptop that has an Icon under "Network Connections" and it says "Cable not connected". What does that mean and how do I set it to look for a wireless connection, thanks ... 11 Jul 2010 10:30
Running CHKDSK on external drive? Where is the log?
Hello all, I ran CHKDSK on my 1TB external drive and went to look for a WINLOGON log file for that program but there wasn't one for the day I ran the test. Although it took forever, it appeared everything was running in CHKDSK. I was surprised to see it run from Windows and not the blue DOS screen I usually g... 14 Jul 2010 18:45
turn off use of System Volume Information - SystemProperties.JPG (0/1)
XP Pro SP3 -- I do not have a "System Restore" tab. Just General Computer Name Hardware Advanced Auto Updates Remote Looking through all the tabs, I don't see any SR references. Also looked through the Manage option without luck, although there was a reference to the (non-existent) SR tab on the prop... 11 Jul 2010 08:17
Taskbar cannot be seen in high resolution LCD monitor
As known by many, LCD wide screen monitors show horizontally distorted images (a circle appears as an ellipse). I got Samsung SyncMaster 2333 (23"diagonal) in my WinXP computer mainly used for photo editing. Annoyed with horrible pictures, I had to raise its resolution to the highest, 1920x1440, which is beyond... 16 Jul 2010 15:29
turn off use of System Volume Information
How do I disable the use of the "System Volume Information" directories to store MBs of deleted data? Especially on several drives where I manipulate large data files, I end up having to manually delete all the files and subdirectories every few days. I do NOT want any Restore Point capability; I want to have f... 11 Jul 2010 12:40
Paste emai address with single keystroke?
When a website asks for your email address to logon, is it possible to set up a single keystroke to enter the address??? ... 17 Jul 2010 07:40
Wrong product key on PC case
My XP media centre went into a start-up loop following a crash but when I tried to repair the installation there was no XP installation on the drive to repair. I therefore did a fresh install but when I went to put in the product key from the MS label on the side of the case it would not accept it. What action... 11 Jul 2010 07:13