First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Windows XP Computer Won't Switch off after Shutdown
When shutting down my desk top computer in the normal way, it goes through the normal process of 'Saving your settings' followed by 'Windows is shutting down' and after a few seconds of disc writing I can hear the hard drive stopping and afterwards all disc activity stops, but the computer stays running indefi... 27 Jul 2010 18:25
General Protection Fault on Game with NT-Based systems
Hello all. I'm having some trouble with a game running on NT-based windows OS's. It keeps throwing a general protection fault from a DLL. Is there any way to solve this issue so the game will run on modern windows OS's? I can get the game to run on Windows 98SE. So far I've failed to get it to run on Windows XP... 26 Jul 2010 13:51
xp can/us (e85-02665) vs xp/uk (e85-02667)
I need to know the programming differences between E85-02665 (XP SP2 Can/US) and E85-02667 (XP SP2 UK). Can someone please either spell them out or point me to a Microsoft document. TYIA. ... 25 Jul 2010 00:10
Embedded YouTube videos
XP Pro SP3 OE6 Recently, (possibly since last M/S update?) I have been unable to view an embedded video in "newsgroup" posts. Never had this problem before. Am I missing something from my setup? Thanks for any suggestions. Hamish ... 22 Jul 2010 18:02
Ping - John John - MVP - AlacrityPC help, please?
John: I tried to email you, but I guess you use the same trick I do!! 8>) I have a couple of questions about AlacrityPC. It runs fine, but I'm unclear on a couple of points. I did get the user manual, but I'm not seeing what I need. If you could help, I'd appreciate it. If you want to use email, I'm @ T... 24 Jul 2010 12:20
Error Code 2908 with "Fix It"
MM wrote: I tried to install the "Fix It" for the windows shell vulnerability at this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2286198 I get an error message: "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. The error code is 2908." I had the same problem when I tr... 22 Jul 2010 12:31
Half-screen when using an old DOS app in Win XP
heh.... The answer is kinda simple... Amazed noone else replied: Open Window Type Alt-Enter (Hold Alt Key down, and then the enter key) to get back, same key combo "JAStillwell" wrote: Hi, Is there a way to get an old DOS accounting program to display full-screen in Windows XP? Right now, i... 22 Jul 2010 14:44
Where to get Outlook 2003 help now that newsgroup is gone?
Where can I get Outlook 2003 help the newsgroup is gone? I have a lady in my office who has her junk email setting on low. A bunch of genuine spam goes into deleted items. Great. One person she WANTS email from goes into deleted items every time. We right click the email and goto Junk, but Mark as Not Junk i... 22 Jul 2010 18:02
XP keeps rebooting, afd.sys doesn't load
Hi there everyone. Last night I was logged into a site called typeracer.com where people type against one another in a typing competition. In the past, I have never had any problems doing this, but the computer suddenly reset itself and sine then, I have been unable to get the computer to boot up normally, where... 23 Jul 2010 21:20
Limited or No Connectivity? I think DHCP or AFD is the root ofthe problem!
RAIDSpay wrote: Can anyone help? In Non Plug and Play devices here, my AFD is OK and these are the details. AFD Service Name AFD Display Name AFD Status: Started Type: System Driver Details: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AFD.sys File version 5.1.2600.5657 ... 22 Jul 2010 09:13