First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
MCE - TV pauses 3/4 second, play 3/4 second - continuously
SYMPTOMS: Watching TV on Media Center - the video (not the audio) pauses 3/4 second, plays 3/4 second, pauses 3/4 second - continuous loop. The bottom 5th of the screen is solid green (a rectangle at the bottom extending to both sides). If I play previously recorded TV in Media Center (from when this was... 26 Jul 2010 21:36
twice on logout button
On new machine I installed new XP sp3 but when I click on log off to disconnect user I have to click on it twice because first time it has no effect. How can I correct this behaviour ? ... 25 Jul 2010 20:34
folder refresh
In XP sp3, when I delete files in any directory I have to click on F5 key to get new folder content otherwise I see all previous files. Suggestions ? ... 26 Jul 2010 09:27
System restore points
My system is creating restore points labelled "Software Distribution Service 3.0". How can I find out what that is? I don't think it's my security software downloading updates because the time doesn't correspond to the time of today's update, and my system updates aren't installed automatically. Bobbi Gold ... 31 Jul 2010 12:55
USB Mouse Problems - Strange
The USB IBM laser Mouse on my XP machine is locked up when the computer is turned on. If I unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in, it works. This just started a couple of days ago and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried reloading drivers but that doesn't work. I used a different USB port an... 26 Jul 2010 22:41
Win7 Newsgroup??
Is there a windows 7 newsgroup? I can't seem to find one. Have a good day. -- JamesKB ... 26 Jul 2010 16:03
Password protected account does not prompt for password at b
dareys wrote: Due to severe hacking of three machines where I was working with an account with full administrator privileges I learned that it is best to not use that for web access and configure a single account without privileges. After password protecting the accounts with administrator privileg... 25 Jul 2010 15:08
Help: Password protected account does not prompt for password at b
Greetings, Due to severe hacking of three machines where I was working with an account with full administrator privileges I learned that it is best to not use that for web access and configure a single account without privileges. After password protecting the accounts with administrator privileges, as well... 24 Jul 2010 20:58
speaker tone control?
XP Home SP3 I don't actually use the sound very much when I'm at the computer, but listening to some online clips today I find them rather high pitched. The XP speaker controls don't seem to include a tone adjustment. Is there an add-on or alternative speaker control for tone or is this just a fixed functi... 25 Jul 2010 19:28
Windows logon help
I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to reboot. I wonder why this happens and whether there is some keystroke combination I can use to allow me to enter ... 25 Jul 2010 09:44