First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
3 Aug Windows Security Patch KB2286198
Can this patch be applied to XP SP2? ... 5 Aug 2010 05:54
cmd command
Opening a console window (click start->run and type "cmd") and typing the following starts my application DefineVariables.bat&&start /D%_HOME_APP% AMain.exe -ip 127.0.0.1 I would like to add this set of operations to a shortcut with a nice looking icon so I tried modifying it slightly and insert the below into a... 3 Aug 2010 14:46
Two instances of iexplore.exe in Task Manager processes
XP Pro, SP3, IE8 I noticed that I had two instances of iexplore.exe running in Task Manager processes. Discovering this was part of my attempt to find out why I suddenly couldn't sign in to WLM. Having done some searching on different forums, I discovered that some people were blaming the BT Yahoo Toolba... 7 Aug 2010 16:56
HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (though... 5 Aug 2010 16:56
How to re-assign mini-icons to *.html file types in WinExplorer?
Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type (e.g. all *.html) in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown. How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons to them again? Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy? Cindy... 3 Aug 2010 09:15
Win 7 - administrator right
I tried to install a windows service by eg. c:\temp\mysampleservice.exe /install however, it said I don't have permission. Access denied. How do I do that? I was using XP on my laptop then upgraded to Win 7 home premium. ... 5 Aug 2010 21:24
System Sound I can't stop! PROBLEM FOUND
Elmo wrote: effdee wrote: Elmo wrote: effdee wrote: I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and it isn't there. I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on click... 2 Aug 2010 22:27
Hang on Welcome screen
I got a laptop with Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise, when it's connected to the network, we can login ok. But when there is no network connection, it hangs after entering the password at the Welcome screen. It seems to looking for network connection. This seems to unique on this machine, other computers have no prob... 6 Aug 2010 16:01
Another Hal.dll problem
This problem happened after a short power-outage while my computer was on so I'm guessing files were corrupted. First I used my original CD repair disk to copy two files that the error message resported as required. (i386\ntldr and i386\ntdetect) Then when I rebooted I got the missing or corrupted Hal.dll err... 8 Aug 2010 20:02
Installing Windows XP on new Hard drive
Hi, I want to install a new SATA drive and install Windows XP on it. Will I have to completely disconnect all the present hard drives or can I just disconnect just the power leads or just the data leads of each drive? Thanks Gerald ... 4 Aug 2010 21:17