First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Missing mshtml.hlp file (correction)
Actually, I see that I CAN save the jpg after sending the message to myself. I can right-click on the image to get the option "Save Picture As...", and now it works. And that's better than going through MS Paint, which compresses the image. Bobbi "Bobbi" <bobbi(a)example.invalid> wrote in message news:uJQ... 9 Aug 2010 02:32
USB Wireless adapter firewalled-is on exception list
I'm working on a dual boot PC for my daughter. I have a USB wireless-n adapter that for some reason WinXPPro SP3 has decided to firewall. I have the only excutable for it as well as the driver listed in the firewall exceptions list. It worked for a day or two but now WinFirewall seems to think it knows better. ... 5 Aug 2010 14:41
Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way... 5 Aug 2010 13:35
Windows forums
Lil' Abner wrote: Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in news:OGrSc5JNLHA.5624(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: I'm seeing a Bing Search bar at the top. Down further, "Ask A Question" Then.... Windows XP Desktop and Personalization Hardware and drivers Performance and maintenance Ins... 13 Aug 2010 03:51
Cannot Activate "Add imaging device"
Windows XP Home, SP3 ,,, installed HP scanner software, New Hardware Found popped up and installed drivers. The G4050 flatbed shows up in Device Manager as "Unknown" but when expanded shows as HP Scanjet G4050. The scanner is not listed in the Control Panel Scanners & Cameras folder. when I click on the "Add Imaging ... 5 Aug 2010 11:21
Always open WE on flash insertion?
Hi All, XP-Pro-SP3 Is there was to tell the registry that whenever a USB flash drive is inserted, to only and always open Windows Explorer (WE) regardless of Autorun or any other file types (extensions) on the drive? Many thanks, -T ... 10 Aug 2010 18:02
animated text in Word
Hi, I used to be able to animate text in Word. Now that I have got xp I don't seem able to find the effects option anywhere? I seem to recall being able to have things like shimmering and red ants to name but two! If anyone out there can help I'd be most grateful! thanks Yvonne ... 5 Aug 2010 20:18
Welcome screen no longer displayed after last automatic Windows up
Hello, I have winXP Pro SP3 with one single user defined, which is an administrator, without password. Until the last automatic windows update (on 04/08/2010) the Welcome screen always appeared, but the logon happened automatically, as expected when one single user is defined without a password. Now, instead of... 5 Aug 2010 09:08
File Management Utility and Auto-Backup programs
Could anyone recommend a File Management Utility, preferably one that is free, that is superior to Windows Explorer ? I am trying to manage a relatively small Hard drive, and would like not only to search for Files by size, but also Folders and Sub-Folders (i.e. if a folder had 1GB in files that are data, I can... 5 Aug 2010 09:08
Cannot run chkdsk on re-boot is this caused by the intel -sata disk driver ??
Graham wrote: Running winxp-pro , sata hard drives with intel ahci Ok So go to disk properties ....... error checking .. select auto fix ... error message ' needs to run at re-start. re-boot and chkdsk reports ntfs file system, cannot access volume , fails to run and boots into... 5 Aug 2010 06:58