First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
cd/dvd not working code 40
ive recently had to do a system recover,ive loaded everything that i wanted back on and everythings fine except my cd drive has decided to start playing up and being stubbon,i put the cd in and it lights up on the small window on the side but doesnt read it,instead it comes back with the message of windows has ... 6 Aug 2010 13:48
Accessing a peer's user desktop
I have several XP Pro SP3 computers in a peer to peer environment (no server). I have created a share on the peers local disk from the root (my f drive = the peers c:\), but no matter what I do with security I can not access the peers user profile desktop unders Documents and Settings\(User profile)\Desktop. ... 6 Aug 2010 20:24
device manager error
Device Manager lists my V-GEAR PRO video capture card as a ISDN Controller.The card has been working fine for about 4 years but now ,after XP boots, New hardware Wizard ( & Device Manager) identify it as the controller with no driver installed. -- BIRD ... 6 Aug 2010 19:19
Win XP Pro Bootup Disk
I have downloaded a file WinXP_EN_PRO_BF.EXE Windows XP Pro Startup Disk 310994 This file prepared 6 floppy disks to startup to setup Win XP Pro SP3. Th�se disks 2-6 appears to contain the compressed file. My question is 1. Is it safe to use disk #1 just to bootup the computer? It would not inte... 6 Aug 2010 10:28
ApUsbPnp hanging at shutdown
Martin Murray;168693 Wrote: OK, I did a clean install of Windows XP on my Fujitsu N6010. I installed all the device drivers from Fujitsu and have done every Windows Update. None of the devices appear to have complaints. There is a USB mouse attached to the laptop, but both the mouse and the int... 6 Aug 2010 07:11
Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cac... 7 Aug 2010 11:30
Where can I find a Windows 7 newsgroup?
Sorry to post this here, but when I search the news.eternal-september.org for '7' (no quotes) I don't find anything. Nor when I search for "windows" TIA LAS ... 6 Aug 2010 09:22
Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
I am getting this Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close message. Why am I getting this error when I am running Service Pack 3? How do I fix it? It is freezing my computer. -- Gerry ... 7 Aug 2010 21:16
Hijack: .3utilities.com?
On Aug 5, 8:18 pm, "Spamlet" <spam.mores...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote: XPPro SP3 all up to date.  Avast free all up to date. Whilst browsing innocent looking kitchen furnishing sites, my browser suddenly came up with a window that looked like Windows Security Centre, with an inset window looking like my AV.... 5 Aug 2010 18:04
Hijack: .3utilities.com?
XPPro SP3 all up to date. Avast free all up to date. Whilst browsing innocent looking kitchen furnishing sites, my browser suddenly came up with a window that looked like Windows Security Centre, with an inset window looking like my AV. This inset window showed a list of supposed trojans and other malware, a... 10 Aug 2010 13:37