First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Windows 7 NG?
On 7/31/2010 6:47 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote: I'm looking, but cannot find an NG for Windows 7. Gotta be one, right? But where? alt.windows7.general Microsoft is discontinuing all their newsgroups in favor of web forums. -- Peter Taylor ... 2 Aug 2010 13:40
XBox 360 controller not installing
I just got an XBox 360 controller for the PC ("XBox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit") and the driver from http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&name=JR9-00001&os=XP_SP2&lang=en but it's still not showing in the Game Controllers control panel, nor ... 31 Jul 2010 12:55
external hard drive trouble mac
hi my pc crashed about a year ago and i had them recover as much as possible on an external hard drive. this works fine to recover things but i would like to use my harddrive to transfer music as well from my new mac desktop to my macbook pro. i am trying to move music onto my external hard drive but whenever i dr... 31 Jul 2010 16:11
CD writing mode?
A firmware update for our DVD recorder says it has to be written to disc 'using disc-at-once mode and ISO 9660 CD-ROM file system format' When I right click on the file and 'send to... write these files to disc' it just writes them to the disc. How do I tell what mode it used? XP Pro SP3 This is on a lapt... 31 Jul 2010 12:55
All screen items inverted
Help! When I turned my PC on today the picture was inverted ie everything was upside down. I am running XP and have never had this happen before. Upart fom tipping my monitor upside down, how can I fix this? Help would be appreciated ... 31 Jul 2010 18:23
cannot even get into safe mode
Hello all: Summary = disabled entries in start up menu, messed around with BIOS, cannot get into safe mode now! Idiot. Details = installed a new printer last week (Dell 1320cn) and PC then slowed down. I therefore disabled the entries relating to Dell in my start up menu, using CCleaner. Now the boot proces... 13 Aug 2010 09:13
Using 'Print Preview' before Printing in IE 8
Hello. I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8. I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to pr... 30 Jul 2010 15:16
copy by file type but with folders
Thanks for that Pegasus, v. handy. Just one thing: Could file name length cause any problems? It seems to run fine and then it halts when I hit a folder of classical music that has pretty long file names. The problem was more likely having spaces in the filenames, you need to surround the xcopy arguments with quo... 30 Jul 2010 03:12
I would like to re-install SP3
Is there any way I can re-install SP3, even though it's already installed? I am unable to remove it using the control panel, appwiz.cpl, or c:\windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. Is there a way I can manually corrupt or remove enough of it, or is there a registry key I can change, so the in... 1 Aug 2010 10:31
SP3 does not install Net Framework 2.0!
I installed SP3 but discovered that it does not install Net Framework 2.0. Is my conclusion correct? ... 29 Jul 2010 22:54