First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
All URL's are redirected
My daughter has an XP Home machine that is behaving strangely to the point that it is unusable. There are a number of symptoms including slow performance but one of the most annoying is that when she types a URL into IE she is always redirected to another Web site. My first assumption was a virus but she has a ... 28 Jul 2010 21:47
NNTP newsgroups gone?
Is it true that Microsoft has shut down the NNTP interface to the newsgroups and only the Web interface is available now? ... 29 Jul 2010 09:42
only have Right Click option to Open things
Hi all,, XP Pro For some reason I can only open items via Right-Click and 'Open' from context menu,, it doesnt matter if its a Folder or .exe or anything. Anyone know where the setting is to allow me to open things with a simple double-click? I have checked > Tools-Options in Explorer and the setting th... 29 Jul 2010 11:54
Safe Reading Mode ?
With IE7, when I have a pdf open, and sometimes other docs, and click on a link, a message pops up that the operation is not allowed in "Safe Reading Mode." What is that, and how do I change the properties? I have a lot of safety selections going on but never encountered this one until the past week. Using S... 27 Jul 2010 22:49
How to "Refresh" environment variables in command prompt?
Assume I start CommandPrompt with the current set of environment variables (and their values). Then I change OUTSIDE some values of these environment variables or even add some new. When I type now "set" then the old set of environemnt variables is visible. How can I "refresh" the environment variables inside ... 27 Jul 2010 13:58
running a prog on an online Windows xp?
Does anyone know if there is anything available which can enable me to run download and run an exe on it? Really strange question, I know, but it would be great if I wasn't confined with having to run an application just from my pc ... 27 Jul 2010 20:37
Creating a recovery partition - like Dell ,HP
Is it possible to do this? Need this to roll out to a user with an easy way to get back to the default installation in case they screw things up. I'd like to dual boot the PC but have a partition with a saved ghost image in. Then if needs be PC could be booted to the partion and the ghost image restored. In t... 29 Jul 2010 09:42
Activation of XP in a new hard drive in the same computer?
This question must have been hundreds times, but please help. I want to know what the Microsoft policy is concerning licensing its softwars. In particular: 1) I need to alternate two or three hard drives in the SAME computer depending on the kind of work I do. The platform installed in my current routine ... 6 Aug 2010 06:05
how to have search results remembered by pc
i go to a search engine. i put in a query. let's say 15 results show up. i click on the first one, i go to that web site. i am not satisfied with the info, i hit the back button to go to the first results page. when i am there the fist link is not colored differently to show that i was already to that link. wha... 27 Jul 2010 22:49
How to get to "printer driver setup window?"
My printer's HELP is written in terms of Vista. I'm directed to go to the "printer driver setup window," and choose the "maintenance" tab, "ink cartridge settings," to specify which ink cartridge I want to use. Can anyone tell me how to do this with Windows XP? tia las ... 29 Jul 2010 08:36