First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Air Mice?
"(PeteCresswell)" <x(a)y.Invalid> wrote in message news:753156hfebin0dhuu16viv2cddnciblkg9(a)4ax.com... I'm buying a laptop for a stone technophobe. They don't want to use a mouse (which needs a flat surface), but I'm thinking they will not be happy with the usual touch pad. 1. Why not a trackball, if you c... 28 Jul 2010 19:35
How many *MORE* laws did I break?
I bought another Dell D430 without an Operating system off eBay. I upgraded the RAM to 2GB. But of course I needed to install Windows. So I bought a memory panel with an XP professional COA on it for a whole $5, put that panel on the laptop and sold it! It works perfectly. So, how horrible a person am I for ... 30 Jul 2010 04:16
Auto-play not working - CD-ROMS and USB drive (tried many suggestions)
On 7/28/2010 12:18 PM, Robert Hall wrote: Everything I have tried is below. When I put a CD in the computer, or plug in a USB flash drive, I don't get a window asking me what I want to do (play music, open folder to view files, nothing, etc.) I tested the USB drive on my other computer, and I get the ... 28 Jul 2010 20:41
Automatic Logoff/User Change
My issue is that the computer will automatically logoff and when I am returned to the login screen, the user is "admin" rather than the appropriate/current user name. Screensaver settings are not set for "prompt for password when computer resumes from standby". Any thoughts? Thanks ... 29 Jul 2010 11:54
Auto-play not working - CD-ROMS and USB drive (tried many suggestions)
Everything I have tried is below. When I put a CD in the computer, or plug in a USB flash drive, I don't get a window asking me what I want to do (play music, open folder to view files, nothing, etc.) I tested the USB drive on my other computer, and I get the dialog. The devices show up in My Computer. If I ri... 29 Jul 2010 17:25
Date and time
date and time are correctin properties but when saving files the save date is in 2007 ... 28 Jul 2010 11:53
XP Embedded (XPE)
If this isn't the right group to post to, please point me in the right direction! Can anyone recommend a software antivirus application for Windows XP Embedded (XPE)? I really need to find something that's specifically for XPE. That is, not something for regular XP "but should run ok on XPE too." Thoughts... 29 Jul 2010 05:20
microsoft project training course
for any project deals we are ready to challenge ........... ... 28 Jul 2010 05:18
Command line utility to capture system utilisation
Is there any command line utilisation to capture CPU, memory, network, harddisk or some of these ? Thanks, sc ... 31 Jul 2010 07:29
Win XP won't load properly after using Regrun reanimator
Hi All, I am having a problem running win XP on my HP Presario notebook. Everything was fine until I tried to scan my system for root-kits using regrun reanimator program. It asked me to restart now as it will check for those root-kits at next restart. Now the system starts up, win XP logo screen with progress... 29 Jul 2010 11:54