First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Is 'Windows Support Services' a legitimate Microsoft Co?
Hi I live in the UK. Today I received a number a cold calls from the above company, telling me I had a number of problems with my PC which they'd gleaned 'from information sent from my router' & wanted to 'turn my computer on so they could fix it for me." I sounded like they were come form an Indian call... 11 Aug 2010 19:10
How to find my old posts
Someone once told me (alright, it was more than once, but it's been awhile) how to find my old posts to the newgroups. They appeared in a Google web page. I think it was done using my e-mail. Please remind me how to do this. Thanks in advance. ... 10 Aug 2010 19:10
Can't delete corrupt C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts fil
i did this and no change - still locked "John John - MVP" wrote: neil wrote: OS XP... I had a virus that redirected yahoo, Google, etc to another web site. Ran a scan and eliminated the virus. The C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file was not visible when opening the etc folder. ... 10 Aug 2010 14:43
WinXP Professional -Shutdown
try restore from "safe mode" "AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message news:%237UdDNZELHA.4120(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... When I click the "Turn Off" window restarts. Can this command be corrected to shutdown the windows and ultimately the computer. This was working ok before. I tried to correct ... 10 Aug 2010 14:43
outlook express 6
when I go to Tools/internet options/programs/ the email box is empty, the newsgroup box shows "windows mail" if I drop down the email box I have "windows mail" "windows live mail" and "windows live hotmail" to choose from, there is nothing to indicate that Outlook express would be available, this error causes ... 10 Aug 2010 19:10
Pointer is erratic
Hi, Mouse Pointer is erratic ever since I hadn't used my computer for several months. It was fine prior to long lapse of unuse; now it is difficult to control; seems to have a mind of it's own. I mean it's ok when it stops. But always jumps once when I move it. I reviewed all my settings and did a Restor... 10 Aug 2010 10:15
Creating a recovery partition with a F4 option
Creating a recovery partition This can be done easily with Instant PC Recovery it will create the partition for you and give you an F4 option. It even allows you to do updates and create emergency DVD's and works with all windows operating systems instantpcrecovery.com Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Softwar... 9 Aug 2010 22:19
Is this a Virus or something else
Have pity on her:mad:! It's only a little tiny baby virus!!!! Yeah! Just let the baby design, Click all open; let "the kid" be thine, The baby shall grow; then, she learns to obey, Forget "Tools Menu"; let the kid" hit the way:biggrin:. -- technologist ... 10 Aug 2010 15:50
save passwords
Successfully removed virus (highjack) from computer and everything functions well with exception of saved passwords. I've gone to tools, internet options, content tab, auto complete settings button, then selected everything there. Still doesn't save passwords. Any suggestions will be appreciated. thanks, Mich... 10 Aug 2010 01:34
Files and Folders in C:\Windows
I'm trying to conserve space on a small HD on a laptop, and would like to know if I can remove the following files and directories. 1) Numerous files and folders in C:\WINDOWS with various names that have modified dates going back to the installation date of XP. C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB873333 C... 9 Aug 2010 15:42