First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Java on computer?
Running WinXP, fully updated except using IE7. Lately I've been unable to open a friend's emailed postcards from the San Diego Zoo. The error message is: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed..." I've had the same issue at several web pages. Recently I asked this newsgroup about something else, a... 7 Jul 2010 00:26
Recurrent problem with SEARCH--terminates with a C++ Runtime error
Ken wrote: Randem said the following on 7/6/2010 12:41 AM: Make sure your C++ runtime files have been updated to the latest SP. I downloaded the files for embedded C++ and rean the install, but it asked for a license number, so I know I don't have that program. If C++ is a part of WinXP, then I m... 6 Jul 2010 13:24
Strange connectivity issue
Windows XP SP3, Dell laptop. Cannot ping the default gateway, which is our router. Can ping any other computers on the subnet, either by hostname or IP. Other computers on the subnet can ping this laptop, either by IP or hostname. Cannot ping the laptop from the router. The laptop has built-in wireless. ... 6 Jul 2010 16:42
XP PRO Ver. 2002 = 2007
PC crashed, They installed XP PRO 2007.. I have the disks for 2002. THEY are less than helpful with any thing. That is why Want to get the 2007 disk on download so I can also have a copy. Want to run repair, whatever, to fix mouse problems, etc. Any suggestions. ... 7 Jul 2010 10:10
Recurrent problem with SEARCH--terminates with a C++ Runtimeerror
On 7/5/2010 10:23 PM, PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: Ken wrote: When I run Windows Search, it will almost always terminate with a Runtime Error! Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Program: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Ple... 8 Jul 2010 13:38
SPAM Junk Files Cleaner for Vista
Hector Perez wrote: hi, Hope this may help you. I too have faced such kinda probs in the past so searched and came across a software named Spam at the tucows.com. In Spam there is this tool named System Cleaner that will help to get u rid of junk files , unused temporary files and empty folder... 6 Jul 2010 07:53
DLL - how to stop
XP SP3. I have writing a Win32 DLL used by an application. However, once it loaded, how do I 'stop' or 'unload' it? Because when I re-compile my source code, it couldn't. Only if I restart my pc. ... 6 Jul 2010 04:39
How to Fix XP?
Apologize in advance for length, but don't even know where to go from here. Spent last 2 hours on Internet & computer trying to fix. I was having an issue where Windows was running update & was interrupted, causing computer to go into a virtual reboot situation. Got wonderful advice, & was able to boot into c... 6 Jul 2010 17:49
files on desktop
Does having too many files and folders on the desktop i.e. scattered all over, not in My Documents, slow the computer down? Just curious. Thank you Katherine ... 15 Jul 2010 07:42
SP3 - lost DVD and other video playback
I installed SP3 a little bit ago. I knew I was going to have video driver issues (Dell D600 Latitude - I've posted a bit before about this), but all it seemed to do (that I noticed anyway) was remove my ability to rotate my screen display. Now I find that I've also lost DVD and QuickTime playback. I can play a... 6 Jul 2010 10:04