First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
ASR Backup won't write to Floppy (Win XP Pro SP3)
When I do a backup using the Automate System Recovery Wizard, the backup saves all of the files on the external drive, but then fails when trying to write to the floppy drive. Any ideas? The floppy is FAT and the backup source and destination are NFTS. I do follow up and create the ASR files using the repair... 23 Jun 2010 19:32
Redirecting TCP/IP Address for remote desktop or ??
I know somebody that have remote desktop setup and instead of using and static IP address for each computer. They are using one IP address and a different port for each computer. I know that the port number is defined in each registry. They are using DHCP and the address for each computer is obtained automatica... 24 Jun 2010 18:37
Xp Pro/Home Networking
I have 2pc's on my network. A.XP Pro, B.XP Home The A pc can see and access the b files just fine. The B can see the Share Docs fiolder, but can't access the A file. This error message apears: SharedDcs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this resource. File sharing is enabled on bot... 24 Jun 2010 08:32
Canon D/Camera not recognised...
Did this solve the problem? I have what appears to be a very similar problem with my Canon SX120 IS camera and Windows XP SP3, so am keen to know if it worked "Little Lil" wrote: Hey Frodo, Batteries just recharged, however I will take you up on removing them for an hour, maybe it needs to reset... 23 Jun 2010 05:10
XP Policies for user
In XP Pro not on a domain, how can I set policies for normal users to be very tight - so they cannot change any browser setting, change nothing on PC configuration including updates, no ctl alt delete? They will only be able to open IE Browser go to a web page for mail, etc. ... 23 Jun 2010 13:59
the c:\windows\repair\system file is missing?
I am trying to fix a computer that has a missing system file. I tried to copy it from repair\system but its missing from there? ... 23 Jun 2010 22:48
XP Pro 64-bit and NT4 domain
Can an XP Pro 64-bit PC be joined to an NT4 domain? This is a real life scenario and a lot of searching hasn't as yet revealed the answer. The only exposure I've had to any 64-bit O/S is Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2008 ... 22 Jun 2010 21:34
Access in guest acct XP Pro
i need to allow a guest account to use the PC, but deny access to Control Panel, Network Places. Lots of pretty complicated regedits, gpedits, etc. any easy, less scary way? thanx ... 22 Jun 2010 19:23
Outlook, IE8 and Photoshop start sessions under two userids at onc
I run two userid sessions at the same time so that I can have one userid run a long-running program and use the other for the rest of my work. How can I prevent XP from starting instances of Outlook, IE8 and Photoshop in both sessions simultaneously? In other words, if I start IE8 under userid A I find that it ... 22 Jun 2010 18:16
Can NOT access Web-Site, ..... What's wrong with????
Double-click on that yellow shield icon in Notification Area and tell us what happens. RailFun75 wrote: From yesterday, I'm NOT able to access the following web-site, as seeing 'X'/Warning in the middle of the screen. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ... 22 Jun 2010 11:36