First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Multi Colored Horizontal and Vertical Lines On Monitor Upon Boot
Had a similar problem with an Acer Aspire 7520G laptop and found a solution. For reading the solution only, just skip the comprehensive text explaining the symptoms observed and the consideration and troubleshooting done, and go directly to the end of this text. You may find some clues in the text here, though. ... 13 Jun 2010 09:23
ISP provider - newsgroups
Thought it might be worth starting a new thread for this. I must admit that references to NNTP bridges to access NG's after Microsoft closes its Usenet server confused me. Alternative newsreaders such as eternal-september have been mentioned. In the thread "When this newsgroup dies, where is everyone going?"... 14 Jun 2010 03:01
Microsoft inserts Firefox add-on with new updates (was: Surpri
"Dan" <Dan(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B71DB5B-7551-4C73-A739-9121A973CB89(a)microsoft.com... snip Thank you for your input Glen. I noticed this was added on to my Mozilla Firefox in Windows Vista and I do not even use their toolbar but do use a few of the Windows Live Serv... 16 Jun 2010 22:09
streaming radio
My favorite radio station offers live streaming, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it. The station says this: "Live Stream is available in two formats, AAC+ and MP3. WinAmp is the recommended player for the highest quality AAC+ stream, while Windows Media Player, iTunes, and RealPlayer will play ... 13 Jun 2010 00:47
New Installation
I'd like to reformat my hard drive and install XP Pro. Does MS still support it to the extent that it will provide Service Pack updates, drivers, Security updates, etc.? Also, is there an SP3 for XP Pro? ... 12 Jun 2010 23:42
clean installation of win xp prof
Any idea why when I install the Windows, it will sort of hang at "Startup is starting Windows". I even change the cd rom drive and also used a different XP cd, on both instances it sought of hang at the same place "Startup is starting Windows". Any idea why I cant install th windows? Earlier on, during th POST... 16 Jun 2010 23:14
wxp short keys
please send windows xp service pack 2 short keys ... 12 Jun 2010 14:54
How do I make a Windows Installation CD?
I have a computer Gateway computer that did not come with a Windows installation CD. It has a D: Partition with a Restore to install the computer back to the way it was when I purchased it. I came home today and found the computer had crashed it said to run check disk. The drive did come back up ok so far. ... 14 Jun 2010 17:23
xp pro restart setup
When I boot the computer, I get the splash screen with the progress bar and then a screen that states "setup is being restarted...". After that I get a black screen that shows the pointer with the hour glass for a few seconds and the mouse pointer responds, but nothing else responds. I have let it set this wa... 12 Jun 2010 14:54
I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8
I'm running IE8. I think I allowed some toolbar to be added a couple of days ago. Can't remember what it was. Might have been with a java update. Anyway, I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8 that says Downloading the latest applications Been like that at least since yesterday. Do you know what... 12 Jun 2010 14:54