From: Cal Who on
I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine.
My Start/All Programs does not contain it.
I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if it is mentioned there -
it isn't.

Shouldn't it appear some place - I like to check if it is really installed.

Thank

From: Bruce Hagen on
" Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM(a)roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine.
> My Start/All Programs does not contain it.
> I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if it is mentioned
> there - it isn't.
>
> Shouldn't it appear some place - I like to check if it is really
> installed.
>
> Thank

Did you ever download it?

If you did, have you installed Microsoft Security Essentials?

If not MSE, what AV program are you using and when did you start it or
upgrade it last?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

From: VanguardLH on
Cal Who wrote:

> I don't have any evidence of Window Defender on my machine.
> My Start/All Programs does not contain it.
> I opened Control panelAdd Remove Programs to see if it is mentioned there -
> it isn't.
>
> Shouldn't it appear some place - I like to check if it is really installed.

Well, did YOU ever bother to actually *install* it? If you want it on
your computer than YOU will have to install it.

Also, Windows Defender is dead. It was replaced with Microsoft Security
Essentials (MSE).

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
From: Bruce Hagen on

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
> Cal Who wrote:

> Also, Windows Defender is dead. It was replaced with Microsoft Security
> Essentials (MSE).

MSE includes the properties of Windows Defender, but MSE is not a
replacement unless you are running MSE. When using an AV other than MSE
like Avast, AVG, etc, Windows Defender is still alive and well with
continuous updating.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]