First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144
Performance log as a limited user
Windows won't let me start a performance log even when do it as a RUNAS command. I want to run it as a limited user. Thanks. ... 24 Mar 2010 21:41
assigning a letter to a usb drive vs. a network folder ?
is it possible to prevent windows from mapping or assigning a usb drive to a letter that is already used by a network folder ? is it possible to force windows from using certain drive letters when installing a usb drive or other mappable drive (such as one that is already assigned to a network folder or drive) ? ... 25 Mar 2010 18:37
Microsoft Office has identifed a potential security concern
Hello, I created an hyperlink between a Project Std 2007 task and a Word document, but when I click on it to open the document, I get the warning: ______________________________ Microsoft Office Project Security Notice Microsoft Office has identifed a potential security concern. This location may be unsafe. Spec... 29 Mar 2010 05:52
Create boot-up disk
Windows XP SP3 Most things you want to do you are asked to bootup from your Windows XP installation CD. I have tried to use OEM WinXP recovery CD, an streamed WinXP SP2 and somebody else's Win XP SP3 disk and in all cases I get the warning that "... the files in my computer are later version than the CD's. ... 29 Mar 2010 14:46
three new folders appeared on C drive
I discover that three new folders have appeared on my C drive. I think they appeared after the power went out here. They are: Found.000 Found.001 Found.002 There are a number of FILE....CHK files in them. I assume they're do to the pc recovery check after the power went out. Do I need to keep these folde... 24 Mar 2010 12:22
Stupid virus related question here...
I am curious how people wind up with viruses today, especially those with anti-virus software! I have cleaned a lot of computers up, using the ubcd4win, with great sucess, but I have never had to do this to a computer without any virus protection, whether it be CA, Symantec, Bit Defender, Macafee, probably the onl... 26 Mar 2010 14:23
CHKDSK
I ran this to check on my hard drive.although I do not have any problems now. I just wanted to familiarize this checking facility. I did this via: My Computer, My C (hard) drive, properties.tools. automatically fix errors....then, I received a message that I would have to restart windows. I did this and the ch... 18 Apr 2010 15:18
console root folder
When opeing device manager, an empty console root folder opens first. How do I get rid of this empty folder ... 24 Mar 2010 08:53
Windows XP Home Install
I want to know if "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition UPGRADE with SP2" CD is just upgrade to an existing XP home install or XP full install with SP2? The CD box has even the product key. The reason I'm trying to figure out is I just purchased a new motherboard and my old XP CD gives a blue screen with Stop erro... 25 Mar 2010 03:18
Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. ... 24 Mar 2010 00:02