First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Network load of idle systems
In my neighbourhood, I see about 10 access-points being active. About 40% on channel 1, 20 % percent on channel 6 and 40 % on channel 11. So I take channel 4 and 13 for my two access-points. I thinks thats the best I can do. In general, performance is very good, so I think most of my neighbours are not the kind ... 11 Aug 2010 18:01
NEWS: First SMS Trojan for Android is in the wild
The first text message-based Trojan to infect smartphones running Google's Android operating system has been detected in the wild. Trojan-SMS.AndroidOS.FakePlayer-A poses as a harmless media player application and has already infected a number of mobile devices, Russian security firm Kaspersky Lab warns. Prospect... 10 Aug 2010 11:19
Advice on wireless adapter needed
My situation is that I'd like to be able to connect wirelessly to my home LAN from my shop, which is out in the back of my yard. My router is a Cradlepoint MBR1000. located on the oposite side of the house from the shop (located there because I need that location for optimum reception of the 3G I use for internet a... 11 Aug 2010 15:48
NEWS: Google and Verizon unveil Web plan
Google and Verizon walked into a barrage of opposition from public interest groups in Washington on Monday as they formally announced a joint proposal for how traffic on the internet should be regulated. The biggest US internet and telecommunications groups said their plan, the first reports of which emerged las... 10 Aug 2010 16:53
NEWS: Sony Ericsson, AT&T announce the X10, available Aug. 15 for $149.99
And sure enough, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is on its way to AT&T. ... The 4-inch phone is bringing its custom Android experience to the U.S. on Aug. 15, complete with 8-megapixel camera, LED flash, 8GB of on-board memory, 2GB microSD card, and the Timescape and Mediascape UIs. The X10 will cost $149.99 after t... 9 Aug 2010 12:18
NEWS: Flash for iPhone Now Available, Thanks to Jailbreak
Adobe's Flash technology is now available for iOS devices, thanks to a new application for jailbroken iPhones and iPads. Coming from Comex, the same man who developed the browser-based JailbreakMe tool, Frash lets iPhone users view Adobe Flash content on their phones. Frash is in its very early stages, and works ... 9 Aug 2010 12:18
NEWS: Coffee shops are taking Wi-Fi off the menu
To stimulate sales, coffeehouses are pulling the plug on the Net. Housed in an old San Francisco warehouse, Four Barrel Coffee � with its vintage record player, 53-year-old coffee roasting machine, tables hewn from recycled wood and wall of mounted boar heads � calls one of the world's most wired cities home. ... 9 Aug 2010 12:18
NEWS: T-Mobile First To Snag BlackBerry Curve 9300 3G
Research In Motion formally introduced the BlackBerry Curve 9300 today, the first GSM-based Curve to offer 3G. It is also "BlackBerry 6-ready." MORE: <http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/handheld/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=226600220> COMMENT: Do or perhaps die for RIM ... 12 Aug 2010 02:47
NEWS: Apple warning by German government over security concerns � Phone Reviews
....the German Government have pointed out a security failure which leaves some iPhones, iPads and iPods vulnerable to hackers. Said to be so dangerous that German Federal Office for Information Security have officially warned users of two critically weak points for which there is no patch available. MORE: <htt... 8 Aug 2010 12:17
NEWS: Nokia Pushes Apple into a Corner
While Nokia and Apple are suing each other, Nokia continues to push Apple into a corner of the smartphone world. While Google and Android are the current hot topics, Apple competitors are pressured by Nokia's massive mid-range effort. Especially Samsung and LG seem to be loosing customers to Nokia, and rather th... 9 Aug 2010 11:11
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12