From: Phoenix on
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:10:29 -0400, moonpie <mr_rc_moonpie(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:41:54 -0700, "Rick Paul"
> <rickpaul(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> >Ditto everything John said. In fact, I'd add that the Win7
x64/SONAR 8.5.3
> >x64 combination feels more stable and responsive than the XP
32-bit thing
> >I'd been running previously, though it's quite likely there are
other
> >variables involved in making that so. One caveat, though, is some
plug-ins
> >don't work at all with x64, some you have to use some workarounds
to get
> >working, and some generally work but encounter BitBridge issues at
times.
> >That sounds like a mouthful, but it tends to be a minority-type
thing, even
> >when using 32-bit plug-ins, and many of the plug-ins I use most
regularly
> >now have 64-bit versions.
> >

> good info, thanks... which plug ins dont work in 64?

> Does anybody know if ToonTrack EZDrummer works in windows 7 64?

I don't have EZD but a lot of people were talking about it on the CW
forums; I'm pretty sure I remember reading they had an update.
Also if both BitBridge and jBridge don't solve a problem, you can
have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Sonar installed on the same
machine.
From: Bob Donald on

> It's XP, i5, and Reaper for me. My last song with Poly (speaking of Poly,
> he must be hanging out at Cape Wind this week since he hasn't been
> posting)
> was the first real heavy work out I've given the i5 since I got it, and it
> performed above my expectations. I am running 32 bit XP, but never use
> more than a handful of softsynths, so memory isn't an issue with me.

I dont expect that memory will be an issue for me as well, since I'll
probably not get anywhere near your requirements for the DAW. I just really
hate to see all this machinery <not to mention the money I dumped into it!>
go to waste. My old DAW <core 2 duo e7300, 4 gigs, xp, etc...> is probably
more than I'll need in itself, but what the heck.

From: Benjamin Goldman on
moonpie wrote:

> How many here are using Windows 7 and Sonar? Any issues?
>
> How many here are still using XP?

Using XP Home Edition, SONAR 7 Studio Edition. All seems okay.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Bob Donald wrote:

> I'll still stick with Reaper on it though......

You Philistine! ;-)

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Benjamin Goldman on
Rick Paul wrote:

> Proteus VX. Actually, I should qualify that it works fine with
> J-Bridge, but I never really used Proteus VX, and that is the only
> thing I'd need J-Bridge for, so I haven't justified the cost of
> J-Bridge for that. It is BitBridge it doesn't work with -- the
> interface comes up blank.

Does this mean I can't use Proteus VX as a plug-in soft synth with my
SONAR 7 Studio Edition, XP Home Edition system? I don't know my bridge
situation.

--
Cheers,
Ben