From: John Braner on
On 10/07/2010 10:16, Benjamin Goldman wrote:
> Rick Paul wrote:
>
>> Proteus VX. Actually, I should qualify that it works fine with
>> J-Bridge, but I never really used Proteus VX, and that is the only
>> thing I'd need J-Bridge for, so I haven't justified the cost of
>> J-Bridge for that. It is BitBridge it doesn't work with -- the
>> interface comes up blank.
>
> Does this mean I can't use Proteus VX as a plug-in soft synth with my
> SONAR 7 Studio Edition, XP Home Edition system? I don't know my bridge
> situation.

You don't have a bridge situation unles you're running the 64 bit version.

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: Benjamin Goldman on
John Braner wrote:

> On 10/07/2010 10:16, Benjamin Goldman wrote:
> > Rick Paul wrote:
> >
> > > Proteus VX. Actually, I should qualify that it works fine with
> > > J-Bridge, but I never really used Proteus VX, and that is the only
> > > thing I'd need J-Bridge for, so I haven't justified the cost of
> > > J-Bridge for that. It is BitBridge it doesn't work with -- the
> > > interface comes up blank.
> >
> > Does this mean I can't use Proteus VX as a plug-in soft synth with
> > my SONAR 7 Studio Edition, XP Home Edition system? I don't know my
> > bridge situation.
> >

> You don't have a bridge situation unles you're running the 64 bit
> version.

Thanks. I'm still wondering if the Proteus will work properly.

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: John Braner on
On 10/07/2010 12:35, Benjamin Goldman wrote:
> John Braner wrote:

>>> Does this mean I can't use Proteus VX as a plug-in soft synth with
>>> my SONAR 7 Studio Edition, XP Home Edition system? I don't know my
>>> bridge situation.
>>>

>> You don't have a bridge situation unles you're running the 64 bit
>> version.
>
> Thanks. I'm still wondering if the Proteus will work properly.

Rick was saying it doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit - I didn't think there were probs with XP. Glennbo
can verify...

--
===========

From: Benjamin Goldman on
Glennbo wrote:

> In news:i19ve3$d2i$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot John
> Braner <me(a)myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> Thanks. I'm still wondering if the Proteus will work properly.
> > >

> > Rick was saying it doesn't work in Win 7 64 bit - I didn't think
> > there were probs with XP. Glennbo can verify...
>
> It should work fine with XP and Sonar 7. I love that synth. It's
> the one that allowed me to finally part with my Roland SC880 dual
> Sound Canvas hardware module, which was the very last hardware based
> synth in my studio.

I have that synth. It only lacks pots. ;-) It's been the main one
with my A-90ex. It made my others obsolete.

Between the VA-1, Proteus VX and Garritan Personal Orchestra I want for
not much . . . after I get my Arturia Moog Modular. Not really . . .
so many axes - so little time *and* *money*. ;-)

--
Cheers,
Ben
From: Bob Donald on
> Well an i7 will cut right through any DAW task you might throw at it like
> it was butter. I just got my old Core 2 Duo E6600 2 gigs machine back up
> and running and gave it to my kid for his gaming computer. Later today,
> we'll be taking his old Celeron 3.0 Ghz machine (identical to my HTPC)
> and upgrading my wife's machine, which is an old P3 1Ghz. My kid will be
> taking her old machine and turning it into a Linux server for kicks. ;)

Awesome! I used to do that with my old machines, but now I just run the
linux server in virtual box. Boy, your wife isnt going to know how to act
with an upgrade like that LOL.