From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Rudy" <rucan70(a)comcast.net>

| I've used Computer Associates Anti-Virus for sometime(3 yrs.) w/o any
| problems. Chk it out at www.ca.com ...............

It is poorly rated !

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Gabriel Knight" <fakeemail(a)hotmail.com>

| Hi all

| I need to buy some new virus software for my win xp computer, I have done
| some research on two typs. One is "Norton internet security 2010" and the
| other is "Kaspersky internet security 2010".

| With Norton it seems to be excelent with better resources (not using loads
| of pc resources) than previous versions, and has a new "Quorum" engine that
| in time will tell if it is good or not, I have used Norton 360 ver 2.0
| before and I didnt like the fact that I couldnt delete files in the
| "quarinteen" (please excuse my bad spelling) and I need to know if NIS 2010
| has a way to delete the files in the quarinteen.

| As for Kaspersky, I like the option in it to run programs in a "sandbox"
| mode that if there is a problem in the file it wont let it do any type of
| change to the system making it safe. I read the navagation in the GUI can be
| a bit frustrating for some executions.

| So for the two progies what is the best choice for speed and overall
| protection and will this new feature "Quorum" be a way to go?

| Thanks all
| GK :)

Avira AntiVir is the *best*.

--
Dave

From: Tom Willett on

:
: Avira AntiVir is the *best*.
:
: --
: Dave
:
Nope. Avast.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com>

:: Avira AntiVir is the *best*.

:: --
:: Dave

| Nope. Avast.

Then why did Avast wrongfully declare the VBS:Zulu on Microsoft wen pages ~11/06 and took
2 months to correct the False Positive ?
Avast also misses many new forms of malware that AntiVir catches.

--
Dave

From: Bruce Hagen on

"Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message

> :
> : Avira AntiVir is the *best*.
> :
> : --
> : Dave
> :
> Nope. Avast.

AV-Comparatives rates MSE higher that Avast and Avira AntiVir.
http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2009/10/av-comparatives-picks-six-malware-removal-winners.ars
--
~Bruce