From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Gabriel Knight" <fakeemail(a)hotmail.com>

| OK all, thanks for all the info and advice, I ended up with ........Norton,
| I hope it works good and I hope it dosnt slow down my system.

| Regards
| GK

Bad choice :-(

We may just see you back here when you get infected and need help removing that future
infection.

--
Dave

From: Shenan Stanley on
<snipped>

Shenan Stanley wrote:
<snipped properly this time>
> If you like to do 'dangerous things' - look into virtual machines
> and the likes. VirtualBox is free, easy to use, etc. Do the
> dangerous things in a virtual machine with its own AntiVirus
> running. Only copy things to the real machine *if needed*. This,
> naturally, requires a machine with a bit of strength on the
> processor and memory side of the equation (dual-core 2+GHz, 3+GB
> memory would be good; anything beyond that - gravy.)
<snipped>

Carmel wrote:
> Assuming 64 bit OS, otherwise wasted space!

3GB may not really wasted even in 32-bit. The +, maybe - up to a point
(3.25-3.5GB is the best I have seen a decent machine have available with a
32-bit non-server Windows OS.) I mentioned virtual machines in reference to
the processor and memory power - it is not wasted - it will be used to run
the Virtual Machine.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Unknown on
How did you happen to choose the worst one?

From: Twayne on
In news:OwVNypy0KHA.3652(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
David H. Lipman <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> typed:
> From: "Gabriel Knight" <fakeemail(a)hotmail.com>
>
>> OK all, thanks for all the info and advice, I ended up
>> with ........Norton, I hope it works good and I hope it
>> dosnt slow down my system.
>
>> Regards
>> GK
>
> Bad choice :-(
>
> We may just see you back here when you get infected and
> need help removing that future infection.

No ... good choice. Fast updates, real updates, lean and mean
with a small footprint.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Twayne on
LOL! From the "worst of the groups" yet! Powerless troll
alert!

In news:usoLIc00KHA.220(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Unknown <unknown(a)unknown.kom> typed: